Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

WWYD?

DD is very sick.  She has a fever, sinus infection, sleeping all the time, very flemmy cough, threw up 2 times from coughing too much.  This is like the 2nd, 3rd day of her fever.  

With all that said, tonight DD, DH and I were supposed to travel  3 1/2 hours to my family so that I can go to my sister's bachelorette party which lasts from noon on Saturday to Sunday whenever.  We ultimately decided to not take DD up there and DH is staying home with her.  DH says he's cool taking care of her if I want to still go up there for her party.  My parents don't want me to come up because "I need to stay home with my sick baby and get her better.  She needs her mommy, and yadda yadda".  I absolutely want to stay home (never wanted to go to the party in the first place...that's a whole other story).  I wanted to go up to be there with/for my sister.  Now I feel like I should/want to stay home with DD.   Do I sound pathetic wanting to stay home with her?  lol  WWYD?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: WWYD?

• Options
    If my baby was really sick I would definitely stay home with her.
  • Options

I think your DH could handle it, but honestly if you never wanted to go the the bachelorette party in the first place, why would you go now? I'd stay home and use her as the perfect excuse to not hurt your sister;s feelings

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageKara5109:

This.

• Options
    I say follow your gut and stay home. It would be one thing if it were a one night event nearby. But I would be uncomfortable being several hours away for a few nights, even if DH was up to the task. It also sounds like you have your parents' support if there is any drama from not attending, and DD is simply genuinely sick. Hope you get to cuddle with her and she feels better soon!
  • Options
    imageKara5109:
    Ditto
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"