October 2011 Moms

Feeling faint?

So, this has happened three times this week.  I get up early with my husband, eat an early breakfast around 7am, then around noon I'm doing errands.  I'm hit by waves of faintness and my hands shake.  I get home and eat something, and I feel better.  What gives?  I've never had low blood sugar before, and that is what it makes me think it might be.  Perhaps waiting too long to eat?  It's not like I'm starving or anything.  Does anyone else have this problem?
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Feeling faint?

• I had something similar happen to be when I was in Target with DH. I ate breakfast early.. I try to eat every 3 hours or so.. but on this particular day my stomach was feeling a little upset so I didn't eat until around 2 or so.. when we were in Target. I started getting dizzy and a mega hot flash (which seems to be my main pregnancy symptom these days) .. I got a little shaky as well. I made DH get a cinnamon/sugar pretzel from the place inside Target.. and a lemonade. I felt better almost instantly.

In my non-medical opinion I would guess that it was because you hadn't eaten in awhile.. but it's always worth mentioning to your doctor.

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • your blood sugar was probably low...when you're extremely pregnant, you burn calories quicker than you used to...eat frequent meals..and keep snacks on you..i.e. granola bar in your purse
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"