Eco-Friendly Family
Options

Organic Mattresses

I've found several brands that seems viable - some with latex foam and wool, some all wool, some with springs...  Anyone have any recommendations?  

I was so excited about possibly getting a Tempur-Pedic, but after having read things about the chemicals...  I'm totally bummed and not so excited about that option now.  

Thanks! :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Organic Mattresses

• Options

Just noticed this on The Eco Friendly Family blog this morning:

https://www.theecofriendlyfamily.com/2011/09/finally-safe-affordable-crib-mattress.html#.ToM0zHbDYwI

(I think the blogger comes on here sometimes, but I don't remember what her "name" is.) 

Good luck! 

• Options
    I just got a Naturepedic  https://www.naturepedic.com/ one of my friends did a ton of research and highly recommended it. 
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I really love Naturepedic.  We have one of their crib mattresses, but they also make large regular sized mattresses as well.  I was able to check one out at an expo recently and it was fantastic!

The one linked above from Lullaby Earth is a super affordable option from the same makers, but under a different brand as it is not organic like the Naturepedic line.  It is still safe - no flame retardants, etc.  They are quite excited about it and I am too!

Check out The Eco-Friendly Family, a
    Green Living Blog
    for eco-information and fun giveaways!

• Options
    I did research on mattresses for a couple of years before I had my daughter and I definitely recommend Naturepedic. We have a full size in her room and my mom has their crib mattress (even though I doubt Bay will ever sleep on it). The quality is great and I trust them as a company.

For my daughter's playard and Moses basket I had custom organic (fill and cover) ones made to size. I found the company through mommasbaby.com and they are priced reasonably IMO. They would be good for pet beds also.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"