Babies on the Brain

s/o meal planning: Do you keep a stocked pantry?

What are some items you always have on hand?

I mean besides the basics of flour, sugar, milk, and stuff like that?

What are somethings (besides perishable foods) that you only buy when a recipe calls for them?

What are your healthy 'go to' pantry items?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: s/o meal planning: Do you keep a stocked pantry?

• always have - beans (black, kidney, baked beans etc...) box of mac and cheese ;) , brown rice, chicken broth, Rotel, tomato sauce, noodles, spaghetti sauce, pizza sauce, jiffy pizza crust, canned soup, canned chicken, salsa.. umm there is probably something else im missing..

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageMrs.Rotty:

What are some items you always have on hand? Canned goods we use repeatedly - I buy in bulk when on sale (fruits, veggies, beans, certain soups, tomato stuff), pastas, Kid snacks, rice, dried beans, 4x4 cereal ingredients, chocolate soymilk, dried fruit, nuts, tons of other crap.

I mean besides the basics of flour, sugar, milk, and stuff like that?

What are somethings (besides perishable foods) that you only buy when a recipe calls for them?  things for making goodies (like chocolate chips, nutella, or marshmallow fluff) or else they just get eaten.

What are your healthy 'go to' pantry items? ingredients for 3 bean salad. Garbanzos, green beans and kidney beans. It's great when we haven't had a chance to market and need a veggie dish in a pinch. Also great for supplementing at lunch to keep from eating as much crap.

• Loading the player...
  • I always keep bell pepper, onion, romaine lettuce, and sweet potatoes.

Apple Butter, cream cheese, and heavy cream.

Oatmeal, apples, splenda and I can't think of anything else at the moment.

• are there things you used to stock but stopped because you never used them?
  • Annie's organic mac n cheese, Swanson chicken broth, Japanese rice, canned soups, kidney beans, canned tomatoes, pasta, pasta sauce, bread crumbs...I'm probably forgetting some things.  We have a large pantry, and I tend to stock it like we could be snowed in for a week at a moment's notice...lol.

We keep chicken breasts, ground beef, fish, shrimp, frozen vegetables, gnocchi, Morningstar "chicken" nuggets,  and waffles in our freezer.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"