Babies: 0 - 3 Months

hepcats- ? for you

What formula are you using?

I am STILL having feeding issues. I am basically about to buy a can of formula and see if things change with formula. I guess I am expecting some miracle to happen with one bottle of formula... I know, long shot.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: hepcats- ? for you

• It might not be such a long shot! The moment I fed LO the hypoallergenic formula, he was a different baby. The bloody stools took about a week or so to dissipate but everything else was fantastic. I have read that it isn't always that quick but it's certainly possible!

I started off with Nutramigen but switched to Alimentum about 3 weeks ago. I only switched because the Nutramigen was giving LO a poop burn and he was still pooping multiple times a day so it couldn't heal. He's been doing well on the Alimentum formula.

I'm so sorry to hear your LO is still having feeding problems. :(  Let me know how things go for you guys and what you decide to do. I know it's hard to make the decision to give up BFing and switch to formula, it was for me as well, but ultimately it was the right call for my LO.

• I don't want to give up on the BFing! Im so frustrated! Shes 'better' without dairy/ soy for sure, but there is something else bothering her. I have tried different bottles, different nipples/ flows- Dr Browns seems to have created less need to burp, but she still screams during feedings! Sometimes, she seems like the 'taste' bothers her. And now, shes taking less volume. I can hardly get her to take a full 3.5 ounces. I weighed her- not even 10 pounds. She nearly 8 weeks. I think shes too thin. She takes about 20 ounces a day, down from closer to 23-24. I told the ped, she didnt jump to concern. She just encouraged me to get her to eat more. Frig! I can't..she won't take it! I am about to take my dang video camera and record what she is doing and show them!

There is no rhyme or reason for this...its got to be something in my milk other than dairy/ soy. Or, she just has colic all day, everyday. Not likely.  I asked the ped about other allergens as a possibility, but she didnt seem to concerned.  

• Loading the player...
  • p.s. I contribute the lack of those extra 3-4 ounces to sleeping thru the night... but she won't make them up during the day!
  • Have I ever given you this link before?

https://web.mit.edu/kevles/www/nomilk.html#badingredients

It's one that one of my friends gave me that shows where else milk or soy can be and how else it is labeled. It's possible that your LO has a super sensitivity to it and that you would have to adjust your eating even further. I commend you for trying as hard as you are to modify your diet so you can continue BFing! If you want to continue trying, hopefully the link will help.

Have you ever given LO formula? What you could maybe try is buying one of the ready to feed versions of Nutramigen or Alimentum and feeding her one or two bottles to see if her behavior is different. You should see at least some difference within that time and it would tell you whether or not she may have that sensitivity without you having to continue trying to eliminate foods from your diet first. I recommend the RTF instead of the can because it's WAY cheaper than buying a whole can.

FYI I'm sending you a PM with my email address so we can keep in touch regarding your LO.

• You rock!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"