1st Trimester
Options

low progestrone?

I googled this and have all the signs (bleeding, cramping, lower back pain) but my dr doesn't think she should be monitoring it... I know cramping and lower back pain are also symptoms many women get but I feel that the dr. should be covering all bases.. anyone have any experience with low progesterone?

\

DS #1 born 05/25/2012   
                                                     BFP#2:  06/12/2013 ---- loss

DS #2 born 4/08/2014
      BPF#4: 2/1/2016 --- 2/23/2016 suspected molar pregnancy--- 3/15/2016 D&E - diagnosis MM
                                                               BFP#5 - 9/22/2016

* formally bornmommy

Re: low progestrone?

• Options

Dont google....step back from the computer!!

You will drive yourself crazy if you google symptoms.

Did you ask your dr why she didnt feel it was necessary?  Maybe she has a good reason.  I know this can a stressful time but you have to trust your dr...if you dont then find a new one asap.

• Options
    I have had low progestrone with all my pregnancies. The first I was bleeding no cramping, the last I was bleeding and cramping, this one I am not bleeding so just goes to show that every single pregnancy is different!  It will show up in your blood levels.  Did they test your progestrone?  If not, ask them to, it is just a blood test, you don't even need to see the doctor.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Easier said then done! :)  I haven't been able to get her on the phone.  The nurses have been telling me that she thinks its not necessary (to test progesterone)... she was supposed to call me 20 mins ago.  I do not like my doctor at this point because I do not think she has done the best for me and my baby.  I tried to get an appointment with a new doctor (a recommended one) but the office said that I have to figuring out what is happening with this doctor before I can come to them.  (I guess I started here and since I've been having complications, I need to figure out whats happening here first...) I'm so upset about it and think its  complete bs.  Thanks for advice!

\

DS #1 born 05/25/2012   
                                                         BFP#2:  06/12/2013 ---- loss

DS #2 born 4/08/2014
          BPF#4: 2/1/2016 --- 2/23/2016 suspected molar pregnancy--- 3/15/2016 D&E - diagnosis MM
                                                                   BFP#5 - 9/22/2016

* formally bornmommy

• Options
    Can you go and see your family Dr.  I have low progestrone and was put on a suppository.  I will be taking it until I am 10 weeks.   There is no harm in taking it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Your doctor can check your progesterone with a simple blood test. I've had very low progesterone and I've been using endometrin vaginal suppositories for my entire pregnancy so far, and I'll use them until around 12 weeks. Low progesterone is fairly common so I would just get it checked out and try not to worry because it's definitely fixable. GL

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I think that is crazy. Progesterone helps support implantation, and pregnancy.. Mine has always been low.
    ttc since 10-09 first visit with RE 09-10 ME-everything ok DH- AZOOSPERMIA...biopsy confirmed Sertoli Only Cell syndrome Donor IUI#4 was the charm (8-27-11) with 125iuFollistim/Ovidrel/Endometrin/PIO/vit D beta #1 9/8/11....BFP!!! : ) @ 47.7 beta...#2 9/15/11... 1,998 beta#3 9/22/2011- 27,900 Baby's hb seen @6w2d ! 1-3-2012 20 wk u/s everything lookin' good! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"