Working Moms

Supervisor is a know it all

I work at a children's home and I work as part of a team of 5 with 1 guy being the supervisor. I decided for my own reasons not to eat certain foods. Well my Supervisor made a smart aleck comment about "Women all over the world eat pork and their babies dont die, so women who eat pork kill their babies? thats so dumb eat some bacon." and i told him he had no right to speak to me like that and proceeded to demand an appology all infront of the kids. (mind you the kids all come from troubled backgrounds and many of them have little to no respect for women so i had to stand up for myself)

He proceeded to go to several people on campus (different departments) and tell them i'm a crazy psycho b and tell them that my obsession with not eating pork is stupid because his mother and grandmother never heard of such nonsense. I'm thouroughly angry but I dont think theres anything I can do because hes got the ins with the director. SO angry. Angry

ITS A GIRL!
Isolde Genevi

Re: Supervisor is a know it all

• I promptly go over his head and speak to his manager or file a complaint with HR.  It's completely unacceptable behavior.  Whatever your choices for not eating pork are personal.  He should watch what he says...what if you don't eat pork for religious reasons?  He's treading a thin line on harassment.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageSgt M's Wife:
    I promptly go over his head and speak to his manager or file a complaint with HR.  It's completely unacceptable behavior.  Whatever your choices for not eating pork are personal.  He should watch what he says...what if you don't eat pork for religious reasons?  He's treading a thin line on harassment.

See thats the thing though. Over his head is the director. He has the in's with the director. Over the director is the CEO which is the directors father. The HR lady, shes nice and all, but she reports all problems to the director. So anyway you slice it Im screwed. What I figure is I will hang on until the baby is born (because I have insurance) then put the baby on my DH's insurance and find another job. It is unacceptable I am so frustrated. But I just have to wait until March until I can move the heck on.

ITS A GIRL!
    Isolde Genevi
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"