Babies on the Brain
Options

Poll: Meal Planning

Do you meal plan?

How do you do it (weekly, monthly, etc)?

do you have a 'go to' meal list? 

or do you try and switch it up and introduce new recipes?

Where do you get your recipes?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Poll: Meal Planning

• Options
    imageMrs.Rotty:

Do you meal plan? no

How do you do it (weekly, monthly, etc)?

do you have a 'go to' meal list? yes - we eat the same 7-10 meals over and over again.

or do you try and switch it up and introduce new recipes? we've started to get better at trying new things. DH wants to eat less meat and dairy so he's been experimenting (with good success.)

Where do you get your recipes? I've shown him a few from Pinterest, but mainly he scopes out cookbooks online then checks them out of the library. Lately he's also been snagging the free magazines at the doctor's office when there's a good recipe.

• Options
    imageMrs.Rotty:

Do you meal plan? Yep, I sure do

How do you do it (weekly, monthly, etc)? I do weekly meal plans

do you have a 'go to' meal list? Uhm, I have a list of foods I can eat, so technically, yes.

or do you try and switch it up and introduce new recipes? I have a go to meal list but I season it differently to switch it up.

Where do you get your recipes? Allrecipes.com or cooks.com

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Do you meal plan? Sometimes I'm really good about this, and other times, I do horribly with it. It's very much back and forth.

How do you do it (weekly, monthly, etc)? Weekly - however, while pregnant, I do 2-3 days worth of meals at a time. I find that anything further out than that, and it's likely not to sound good by the time I've scheduled the meal.

do you have a 'go to' meal list? No

or do you try and switch it up and introduce new recipes? Yep! I do have a binder full of tried and true recipes that I will use as well, but I'm much better at following a meal plan if I switch it up.

Where do you get your recipes?  Most recently - Pinterest. Otherwise, cooking blogs, Weight Watchers website (when I subscribed online), and I have some cookbooks that I like. Otherwise, I'll just Google search for something that I have in mind, and then find something specific from the results.

• Options

I do!

I switch from weekly to bi-weekly.  Depending on time/grocery time and what I have in my fridge/pantry.  Ideally, I think 2 weeks is best for me.  I like to spread my grocery trips out 2 to 3 weeks. 

My only go to meal is spaghetti.  We have it a lot in the fall/winter, especially when I work.

We basically do new recipes like allll the time.  I find so many on blogs and pinterest I always have stuff to make up meal plans.

Here's some sites/recipes that ive saved recently..

https://whiteonricecouple.com/recipes/cheese/stove-top-one-pot-macaroni-cheese-recipe/

https://iowagirleats.com/

https://1cupawesome.com/

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Do you meal plan? Yes

How do you do it (weekly, monthly, etc)? Weekly

do you have a 'go to' meal list? No, but I have a few "go-to" cookbooks and websites that have recipes in them that I repeat

or do you try and switch it up and introduce new recipes? I do 1 or 2 new recipes every week, usually.

Where do you get your recipes?  Books: More Healthy Homestyle Cooking, So Easy, Young & Hungry, Cooking Light Magazine. Websites: allrecipes.com, Pinterest

• Options
    imageMrs.Rotty:

Do you meal plan? I've actually just started.

How do you do it (weekly, monthly, etc)? for right now, weekly. hope to be able to do every other week in the future, like my parents did.

do you have a 'go to' meal list? I have a collection of recipes I've made a couple times which are in constant rotation.

or do you try and switch it up and introduce new recipes? I like to do one new recipe a rotation - er, I want to!

Where do you get your recipes? mostly from magazines and blogs from the WC board.

Baby in a Blue Teapot
    Tempest in a Blue Teapot, food and everything else
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
    "You live, you learn, you drink, and move on." ~ Rotty
  • Options

Used too, havent since we moved to CO.

Did it weekly

yes

once every other week or so

food blogs mostly

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
  • Options
    I do it weekly - I have a list of 20 or so things and I rotate them.  I shop for the ingredients the week before.
  • Options
    imageMrs.Rotty:

Do you meal plan?  Yes, I'm starting to get back in to the swing of things.  It's taken me a while to find a new routine with Seb here.

How do you do it (weekly, monthly, etc)?  Weekly

do you have a 'go to' meal list?  I have go-to recipes but I always like to throw a new one in once a week.

or do you try and switch it up and introduce new recipes?

Where do you get your recipes?  Family recipes, blogs, magazines, books.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker LFWisBack Our Guardian Angels: 11.06 * 6.09 * 12.11
  • Options

Do you meal plan? Yes.

How do you do it (weekly, monthly, etc)? 2 weeks at a time

do you have a 'go to' meal list? It's different every week. Literally.

or do you try and switch it up and introduce new recipes? See above.

Where do you get your recipes? e-mealz.com. HIGHLY recommend. You have to pay for it ($15 for 3 months), but that boils down to $1.25 a week and we save so much time, effort, and money.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"