Multiples

How do you tell them apart?

My hubby and mother are super concerned we are going to get the babies confused.  I think we will just be able to tell.  But, what were some things youv'e done to not get your identifical twins confused?
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: How do you tell them apart?

• It's funny because you will actually start to get annoyed with how many people ask you this question. I'll tell you the answer I tell them - because I'm their mother. It's really hard tondesrcibe how I see my girls differently but to me it's obvious. At first in pics of them individually it is a little hard but now at almost 12 weeks even in pics it is obvious. You will be able to tell, there may be a weight difference or one has more hair or the shape og the hrad will be different. You can put one in a certain color or worst case paint a toenail ;)
  • Identifical?
    Livian Elizabeth and Alayna Marjorie!  On their way to 3!
    Lilypie - (mtvk)
    Lilypie - (WdLV)
  • Loading the player...
  • Different weights (in my case, very obvious difference). Different head shapes. Different personalities. Heck, they even smile differently, but they are definitely ID twins.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I won't lie, I still do get my babies confused sometimes -- especially when I'm bone tired. But I can usually tell from their personalities, and if that fails, one has a hemangioma in the back of her head, and I just look back there. 
  • The first 2 weeks as newborns it was actually hard to tell them apart! We kept the hospital bracelet on one of them for the first 2 weeks and then after that it was SUPER easy to tell them apart. Even though they are ID they look completely differnet to me. My H and mom are the only other two that can tell them apart!
    Spontaneous ID Twin Girls - born 38w 2d Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • My younger brothers are twins and the first few weeks, my mom painted one of their big toenails. After that, she said she could just tell. They are 25 now and those that know them can tell them apart but strangers can't. I'm just glad mine are boy-girl twins!
    alicia & joseph, married 9/4/10 expecting twins 2/9/2012 two beautiful daughters from prior marriage, ages 7 & 4 one angel baby boy in heaven Pregnancy Ticker http://consumedbyendo.blogspot.com/
  • We kept their bracelets on for a little bit after we brought them home. And now, they look so different. But even if they didn't, somehow, you just KNOW.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Mine were not hard to tell them a part at birth, I for one did not find they looked aliked at all, one was 4 oz bigger (Tristan) and he also had a lot of bruising from the forceps, while Zxavier was more red overall, but even without these I had no issues whatsoever.

You'll see when they're born and they will have bracelets at the hospital so if you're worried about it I'm sure you'll figure something out. :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageAllisonb17:
    Identifical?

Typo-- my fingers go a little fast sometimes :)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I was worried about this when I was pg, but it turns out the DD2 has a little strawberry birthmark on her belly. They are identical, but definitely different headshapes/foreheads and I only get them mixed up when I am super tired. Like PP said, if you need to paint a toenail, do it!
  • ours aren't here yet but I've been told to put nail polish on one of LOs toenail or a sharpie mark on an ear lobe until you are comfortable with whos who. my OB has 2 sets of twins and she said really even though they are your babies they are strangers to you, you have never seen them so it can be confusing early on. If ours are same size or close and really do look very ID I'll prob try the nail polish.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We got our fraternal twins confused a few times, even though they were obviously very different.  It was a cold winter when they were born, so they always had hats on (we're in SoCal, our house has no heat and it was 40degrees inside). I tried to always put them in the same crib (or the same side of the crib, when they slept together).  A few times someone else put them back in the wrong place, which led to confusion.  I would wonder why Baby A was wearing Baby B's hat, until I realized it WAS Baby B.  :)  Good luck!
    IVF w/ ICSI #2 - fraternal twins born December 2010 at 36 weeks.
  • My dad gets them confused sometimes, but most of us can still tell them apart easily.  Just look at my siggy pic, there is a pretty fair size difference between them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"