2nd Trimester

Not sleeping well at night and it's effecting my productivity at work...ughh

I have not been sleeping well at night for almost 2 weeks now.  Between getting up to use the bathroom once (sometimes twice) a night (and then it taking me at least 30 minutes to fall back to sleep) and/or having to constantly adjust my laying position (even with my body pillow that I absolutely love)...I'm getting minimal good sleep  I can't focus one bit a work and just feel blah!!!  Don't get me wrong, I am soooooooo happy and grateful to be pregnant (and I'm willing to do and/or sacrifice whatever until my LO in born)....but boy do I wish I could figure out a way to get some energy during the day before they start to notice at my job that I am less productive than usual.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Not sleeping well at night and it's effecting my productivity at work...ughh

• I have no advice. I am right there with ya girl!

• imagePALGal:
    I have no advice. I am right there with ya girl!

I guess it's good to know its normal. Thanks!

• Loading the player...
  • I also have no real advice, but I feel the exact same way. Someone suggested exercising in the evening (going for a walk) will help with more sound sleep.
  • When I was pregnant with my first, people told me to get a lot of sleep before the baby came...  I say, get a lot of sleep before you get pregnant!  
    m/c - Dec 2005, DS - March 27, 2007, m/c - Oct 2009, DD - Feb 20, 2012

Proud mother of two breech babies:)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagetreble_clef:
    When I was pregnant with my first, people told me to get a lot of sleep before the baby came...  I say, get a lot of sleep before you get pregnant!  

Haha, I totally agree! I don't think I've slept through a whole night since getting pregnant.  Oh what I would give to have 3 hours of solid sleep!  I guess it's just preparing us all for when our babies are born. 

BFP 10/1/2010 MMC D&C at 11w4d
    BFP 3/15/2011 M/C at 6w
    BFP 5/25/2011 DS1 born 1:11pm on 1/16/2012
    BFP 10/18/2013 EDD 6/28/2014 GROW BABY GROW!!!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagewolson1988:

Haha, I totally agree! I don't think I've slept through a whole night since getting pregnant.  Oh what I would give to have 3 hours of solid sleep!  I guess it's just preparing us all for when our babies are born. 

This exactly. Haven't slept well in 19 weeks. I think I am just getting used to being exhausted.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • I haven't slept in about two weeks.  I hate when I mention it and someone at work says "just wait til the baby comes."  Really? 

• I've found that limiting my water intake an hour before bed makes me get up to pee less, although I'm still getting up at least once a night to pee.

Can't help you with the tossing and turning though.  I've got the same problem.

July '15 siggy challenge: Thanksgiving fails
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
    PitaPata Cat tickersPitaPata Cat tickers
  • I've been taking hot showers and using this sleep aromatherapy wash. I'm still not sleeping like I used to, but I get more when I do that than if I just go straight to bed.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"