February 2012 Moms
Options

I want to replace all my appliances!!! I blame baby. ; )

I think I have an undiagnosed syndrome: new baby appliance replacement syndrome.  This is our first baby, so there are no other kids in our house.  DH and I have been dealing with some old appliances for a while now, but they are really starting to bug me.  Our dishwasher just doesn't clean very well and leaves behind a smell on the dishes.  It's annoying, but we have dealt with it.  Now I can't imagine putting anything that baby would use through that thing, so I want a new dishwasher!

Then I was looking at our old beat up washing machine.  It does a decent job on our clothes, but it is really old and not energy efficient and I have wanted to replace it for a while.  Then I thought about sweet little baby clothes going into that washer and thought "oh no!  I would hate to wash his clothes in there!!!"  So, I also want to replace our washing machine (and get a matching dryer, naturally).

My parents keep saying that they go out for Black Friday anyway, so they go early to get anything we want (we'd give them the money) so we could get a good deal.  Good grandparents!  ; )

Now...about our floors.... 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

FACEBOOK FEB 12 BUMPIES ADMIN - POST & PM ME TO JOIN 

Re: I want to replace all my appliances!!! I blame baby. ; )

• Options
    Sounds like an excellent plan!!  We lived in a rental house with crappy appliances for our daughter's first year and it was definitely annoying.  We've moved and are in love with the dishwasher that doesn't require prewashing and the washer that makes everything clean the first time around.  Totally worth it, especially with all the extra dishes and clothes :)
  • Options
    If you get an HE washer, look at reviews to see how they wash CDs.  I know some models are notorious for leaving stains behind.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

we just moved into our new home that was built in May. IMHO -- I would NOT get stainless again.. SOOOO many fingerprints and nose prints (dogs..) -- I wipe them down ATLEAST once a day.. If i could change it, I'd go with black. My HE washers are also stainless but its not as bad but if you can get one with steam ;) ahhhh its so nice. Mine also has a sanitze cycle, and I absolutely love that for our sheets and extra dirty clothes! -- idk if you wanted advice, but there ya go hahahaha!

GOOD LUCK! I love new things for the home :):)

Married November 2007
    DH became a double above knee amputee with traumatic brain injury (TBI) - July 2009
    TTC - August 2009 DX: Severe MFI & TF due to TBI
    DH SA 0 count, started clomid therapy - November 2010
    DH SA 0 count, increased clomid dosage - January 2011
    DH SA 75 million with 60% motility!! - May 2011
    IVF with ICSI ONLY OPTION - May 2011
    3dt of 2 Grade A 8&7 cell embryos May 19, 2011
    +HPT May 30 2011 -- Memorial Day!
    Beta #1 = 34 Beta #2 = 101.8 Beta #3 = 603!
    Expecting beautiful Eden Grace February 7, 2012!
    I don't believe that God ever tells us "no". he has three options. Yes, not right now, or I have something better in mind. We just have to wait & see. BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    imageMyHusbandMyHero:

we just moved into our new home that was built in May. IMHO -- I would NOT get stainless again.. SOOOO many fingerprints and nose prints (dogs..) -- I wipe them down ATLEAST once a day.. If i could change it, I'd go with black. My HE washers are also stainless but its not as bad but if you can get one with steam ;) ahhhh its so nice. Mine also has a sanitze cycle, and I absolutely love that for our sheets and extra dirty clothes! -- idk if you wanted advice, but there ya go hahahaha!

I'll always take advice and recommendations.  Our other appliances are white, so we will probably stick with that.  Our laundry room is off the kitchen, so we will probably stick with the same white so they don't stand out any more than they already do.  I also am dying to put in a pocket door (preferably with a frosted glass panel because there is a window in the laundry room and we would like to keep that light in the kitchen).  I can't stand seeing my laundry from the kitchen, never mind when we have guests over.  Even our laundry sorter bothers me and that is when it is not overflowing!  

I am hoping to get a stackable washer and dryer so I can use the space next to it to build in some pantry shelves since it is right off the kitchen.  Oh, the projects on my list.  I better hurry up before baby boy gets here!  = ) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

FACEBOOK FEB 12 BUMPIES ADMIN - POST & PM ME TO JOIN 

• Options
    imagekristin172429:
    imageMyHusbandMyHero:

I'll always take advice and recommendations.  Our other appliances are white, so we will probably stick with that.  Our laundry room is off the kitchen, so we will probably stick with the same white so they don't stand out any more than they already do.  I also am dying to put in a pocket door (preferably with a frosted glass panel because there is a window in the laundry room and we would like to keep that light in the kitchen).  I can't stand seeing my laundry from the kitchen, never mind when we have guests over.  Even our laundry sorter bothers me and that is when it is not overflowing!  

I am hoping to get a stackable washer and dryer so I can use the space next to it to build in some pantry shelves since it is right off the kitchen.  Oh, the projects on my list.  I better hurry up before baby boy gets here!  = ) 

We have a lot of pocket doors in our new house ( they are great with DH in a chair ). I know its a huge renovation to put in a pocket door. They have to open up the wall where you want the door to slide into to.

Married November 2007
    DH became a double above knee amputee with traumatic brain injury (TBI) - July 2009
    TTC - August 2009 DX: Severe MFI & TF due to TBI
    DH SA 0 count, started clomid therapy - November 2010
    DH SA 0 count, increased clomid dosage - January 2011
    DH SA 75 million with 60% motility!! - May 2011
    IVF with ICSI ONLY OPTION - May 2011
    3dt of 2 Grade A 8&7 cell embryos May 19, 2011
    +HPT May 30 2011 -- Memorial Day!
    Beta #1 = 34 Beta #2 = 101.8 Beta #3 = 603!
    Expecting beautiful Eden Grace February 7, 2012!
    I don't believe that God ever tells us "no". he has three options. Yes, not right now, or I have something better in mind. We just have to wait & see. BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

If you do decide to get a new washer, I convinced DH to semi-splurge on our HE front loader when we moved into our house a few years ago, and it has been worth every penny IMO. Gets clothes clean & cheaper water bill. It also has a sanitary cycle that I figure will come in handy after the LO gets here :)

After 2 1/2 years TTC, 3 IUI's, endo, and a lap, a surprise BFP brought us Alexandra Marie!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"