May 2012 Moms

Ahh the joys of a laid back Doctor.

Went in to meet my new doc today and have a quick first appointment. It went a little something like this.

Dr: So what are you here for me?

Me: I am almost 9 weeks pregnant.

Dr: Congratulations! So I am having a baby this month and will be off so we will have another appointment in a few weeks.

That was it. Not even a pregnancy test this time around, made me laugh.

Next appointment is not until I am almost 14 weeks!  

Re: Ahh the joys of a laid back Doctor.

• I completely agree with Theresa.  Did she order a prenatal blood draw (not for betas but just to get your profile) or anything like that?  I'm a little oversensitive (mostly due to my last loss) but I think it's important to know where you're starting, etc. 

If you have a relationship with this doctor and feel comfortable with her, by all means, stay! 

ETA: Just saw she's your new doctor, sorry.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • Nope i am happy with this. Not all doctors do scans that early. My last doctor gave me one ultrasound at 20 weeks. As long as things are progressing fine they don't feel it is necessary for a bunch of tests.  I enjoy that they don't get too worked up it honestly allows me to relax. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Around here it is also really uncommon to have beta's drawn!
  • imagetheresat858:
    Okay, as long as you don't want the testing done...  One u/s at 20 weeks is a fairly old-fashioned way of doing things.  Minimum of any of the doctors where I live is one for the NT scan at 12 weeks and one at 20 weeks for the anatomy scan, usually with one at 8-9 weeks as well.

in Canada its the norm to only get an ultrasound at 20 weeks. no NT scan, betas or early ultrasounds 

• imagekaa36:

imagetheresat858:
    Okay, as long as you don't want the testing done...  One u/s at 20 weeks is a fairly old-fashioned way of doing things.  Minimum of any of the doctors where I live is one for the NT scan at 12 weeks and one at 20 weeks for the anatomy scan, usually with one at 8-9 weeks as well.

in Canada its the norm to only get an ultrasound at 20 weeks. no NT scan, betas or early ultrasounds 

This. I am in Canada. And I think unless you are high risk it is really normal.  

• I'd be pissed that I will be billed for an appointment that was worthless...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Won't be billed it's covered under our provincial health care. We don't pay anything for the whole pregnancy and delivery. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"