Working Moms

WWYD? HH w/ co-workers tonight (clicky)

Before kids, this was a clear cut decision.  Tonight is a work Happy Hour & in attendance is 4 out of 14 co-workers, CFO, 2 upper mgmt and a visiting CFO.

H has had to p/u the girls all wk(I worked late) much later than I usually pick them up and they haven't been on their usual nightime routine.  DD1 has been fussy and not sleeping thru the night and this wk going to be much later. Her teacher even commented on her behavior today.  On the work side, I have never attended any after work functions b/c I don't have the option.  I made a pro/con list & they're equal WWYD?

Pro                                                           

-I can finally attend an event                     

-I would be a team player

-It's been a long wk/day I need a drink

-Rare opp to mingle w/ visiting CFO

Con

-I'll wait 1 1/2 hrs before others get off work

-Add'l money when I'm on a budget

-Fri is an out of pkt group b-day luncheon w/ the same co-workers

-DD1 is having a rough wk and needs mom to put her back on schedule

[Poll]
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: WWYD? HH w/ co-workers tonight (clicky)

• I would go, b/c I liked hanging out with my coworkers outside of work as well. And it could be a nice opportunity to unwind. But we've never had DS on a schedule (even now) we just go with the flow at night since sometimes DH and I have crazy schedules. Maybe I'd feel differently if my LO was showing signs of being upset from a change in routine.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would go because the CFO will be there. 
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Loading the player...
  • If there is no concrete reason for DD's behavior (e.g. illness), there's no guarantee that being home with her means she'll have a better night's sleep. If I was foward to the event and DH was okay being with LO for the evening then I would enjoy some 'me' time and earn some brownie points with my office. Even on a budget, one or two drinks would not be a dealbreaker.  If my child was clearly sick or there was some other reason I needed to be home earlier then I would reconsider.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • As much as it would be nice to go, I would go home and be there for your family. I know if my DH was to go to HH after work when I was having issues at home, I'd be pissed. I would try and go next time.
  • imageStellar1:
    As much as it would be nice to go, I would go home and be there for your family. I know if my DH was to go to HH after work when I was having issues at home, I'd be pissed. I would try and go next time.

this is me too!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagejf198400:

imageStellar1:
    As much as it would be nice to go, I would go home and be there for your family. I know if my DH was to go to HH after work when I was having issues at home, I'd be pissed. I would try and go next time.

this is me too!

Me three...

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageEastCoastBride:
    I would go because the CFO will be there. 

This.. for me at least DH can deal with a night on his own, and he would want me to go, since we don't have much time.  I wouldn't go all out, maybe a drink or two, mostly just to socialize and get to know the CFO  Smile

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie - (HKbp)Lilypie - (WKbt)
     Lilypie - (2DqE)  Lilypie - (1KYE)
    Lilypie - (RlhZ)Lilypie - (1CAm)
  • imageklio79:
    If there is no concrete reason for DD's behavior (e.g. illness), there's no guarantee that being home with her means she'll have a better night's sleep. If I was foward to the event and DH was okay being with LO for the evening then I would enjoy some 'me' time and earn some brownie points with my office. Even on a budget, one or two drinks would not be a dealbreaker.  If my child was clearly sick or there was some other reason I needed to be home earlier then I would reconsider.

I agree with this.  Go to HH, enjoy.

promised myself I'd retire when I turned gold, and yet here I am
  • I say go, mingle with upper management, and enjoy!
  • imageStellar1:

this is how I would feel, too.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I would go.  The CFO doesn't come often and your DH can work on your DD's behavior. There's not guarantee that you being there will make a difference.
    My two PCOS miracles! Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I would go for the opportunity to network, but I would also bring it up to DH and let him know what's going on.  I think my husband would tell me to go, have a drink, and unwind (because that's what I would tell him if our roles were reversed), but I understand the dilemma.
    Anniversary BabyFetus Ticker
  • I would only go because of the opportunity to network (CFO is there). Of course I would run it past DH first, though.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I would go and make an appearance but leave after an hour or so.
    BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"