1st Trimester
Options

Scared..

I just found out I am pregnant and this is my first one. I am a little over 4 weeks and very excited. I just have this fear that something is going to go wrong and I am going to have a miscarriage. We just started trying at the beginning of September and it happened so fast. I'm scared it's one of those things that's "too good to be true". Is anyone else like this or am I just overreacting? 
BabyFruit Ticker BabyName Ticker

Re: Scared..

• Options

I was the same way.  We got pregnant very easily and I had the same thoughts.  My mom had 3 MC before she had me.  I know they aren't genetic but it still made me paranoid.

Bottom line is.. don't worry!  Stress is NOT good for you.  Hope for the best and be joyful.  I know it's hard when it's so early.  Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thank you! That makes me feel a lot better and I am trying not to stress and think about it too much. It's just nice to hear from others that were/are feeling the way I am.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    When you go for your first ultrasound and hear the heartbeat, you will feel so much better!  I went in at 8 weeks and heart the heartbeat and it was so reassuring.  
  • Options
    Its completely normal to feel that way. We got our BFP on our 2nd official cycle and was shocked. Just remember, today you are pregnant. You cannot control what may or may not happen, but today you are pregnant. Congrats!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I felt the same way and still do. Always hoping everything is going to be fine. Keep positive that's all you can do and hope for the best. Congrats!!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I definitely felt that way at the beginning as well! I was expecting a long wait before we would successfully conceive and it happened very quickly which we were thrilled about. For that first month or so I was so worried about over-doing things or assuming something must be wrong at the sign of even the slightest cramp or pain. I finally told myself things were going to go as they were gonna go & we just had to be along for the ride..we are now 13 weeks along and the baby is doing great! Don't worry yourself!
  • Options
    imagebshepard22:
    I just found out I am pregnant and this is my first one. I am a little over 4 weeks and very excited. I just have this fear that something is going to go wrong and I am going to have a miscarriage. We just started trying at the beginning of September and it happened so fast. I'm scared it's one of those things that's "too good to be true". Is anyone else like this or am I just overreacting? 

Ours happened fast aswell, and i broke down a few times (especially on our first appointment) because i felt the same way you did! Just try to sit back and relax. If it's ment to be, it'll be... No need in stressing yourself out. Just make a nice healthy stress free home for baby. =)
  • Options
    I feel exactly the same way that you do! It is my first pregnancy. I just found out yesterday and I am so scared that something is going to go wrong. I already love my baby so much. As soon as I saw that BFP I was in love. Now with every cramp or unusual symptom I panic. I've wanted this so bad and DH and I are so excited. I would be devastated if something happened. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Thanks everyone! You have all made me feel so better knowing I am not alone. I wish you all the best with your pregnancies! I will just feel a lot better once I got to my first doctor's appointment. They won't see me until I am at least six weeks pregnant :-/

I know this blog is going to be my first "go to" whenever I need to talk! :-)

• Options
    I felt the same. All those hormones boy are tough huh! Just relax! Let them go away!
    due april 10th :))
  • Options
    I felt the exact same way the first time, you are definitely not alone on that one.  Unfortunately, it's a feeling that doesn't really go away, you just get used to it as time goes by.  It gets a little better later on when you feel consistent movement, but even then, if the baby sleeps for a bit you want to poke it to make sure it moves.  It's just the way things are when they're out of your control.  Best of luck, and congratulations!

BFP 12/19/08- DS born 8/25/09 9lbs2oz via Zavanelli Maneuver
    BFP 8/26/11- Missed miscarriage discovered 10/19/11 at 11w2d, measured at 9 weeks gestation w/ no HB. D&C 10/21/11
    BFP 3/17/12 at 12dpo CP 3/21/12
    BFP 4/23/12 at 10dpo Stick my little one! Beta #1: 83.3 @ 13dpo Beta #2: 197.7 @ 15dpo
    Our little man is getting bigger every day!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    My BFP Chart
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"