Stay at Home Moms

Optimal Date to send Christmas cards?

What day/week do you shoot for? I was thinking December 1st- not obnoxiously early (right?) and plenty of time for people who do cute card display things as part of holiday decorating.

When do you send them?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Optimal Date to send Christmas cards?

• I don't know but I'll wait for answers. I'm thinking I'll send them maybe the 8th and then have an extra stack to send last minute to people I get cards from and didn't expect to. Kwim?
  • Will you ladies be doing photo cards for Christmas cards this year?  I am thinking that since our family is now "complete" it might be nice to do photos of the family sitting on the hearth, under the stockings, next to the Christmas tree on our cards.
    Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Probably send them on the 7th...get them by the 10th...
  • I usually use one of our "fall" photos and order them in November, and address them over Thanksgiving weekend, and mail them out Dec 1st ish. 

However this year we are going to Disneyland (!!) in December and I want to use one of those pictures for our cards, so I'll be mailing them out late this year, probably on the 17th.

Although typing that out gave me anxiety...so I might just use another picture that we already have, lol...

• imagehellopoppyseed:
    I don't know but I'll wait for answers. I'm thinking I'll send them maybe the 8th and then have an extra stack to send last minute to people I get cards from and didn't expect to. Kwim?

I am so glad you brought that up, because I need to factor that in and order some extra for that reason.

• imageThe_Jen626:

I usually use one of our "fall" photos and order them in November, and address them over Thanksgiving weekend, and mail them out Dec 1st ish. 

However this year we are going to Disneyland (!!) in December and I want to use one of those pictures for our cards, so I'll be mailing them out late this year, probably on the 17th.

Although typing that out gave me anxiety...so I might just use another picture that we already have, lol...

A suggestion: the year DS was born, I couldn't get it together to take a picture of him and order/send out Christmas cards.  So I took my time and send out Happy New Year cards the first week of January instead.  This might work for you if you want to give yourself more time after your Disney trip and use one of those pics.

As for me, I normally aim to send out cards the first week of December.  We have our friend who is a photographer take the kids' Christmas photos in mid-November and use those.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• I usually do them the first week of December-ish..
    evelyn 4.2010 | will 1.2012 | baby BOY due 12.2014
    pregnant and/or breastfeeding since 2009.

• The day before/after Thanksgiving.  I also use a fall pic and the girls help me decorate the back of envelopes and the back of the letter sheets.  It is about a 2week family affair to get them out.  I love getting them, so I send a ton and early!
  • imageRaphSandra2005:
    imageThe_Jen626:

I usually use one of our "fall" photos and order them in November, and address them over Thanksgiving weekend, and mail them out Dec 1st ish. 

A suggestion: the year DS was born, I couldn't get it together to take a picture of him and order/send out Christmas cards.  So I took my time and send out Happy New Year cards the first week of January instead.  This might work for you if you want to give yourself more time after your Disney trip and use one of those pics.

As for me, I normally aim to send out cards the first week of December.  We have our friend who is a photographer take the kids' Christmas photos in mid-November and use those.

That's a great idea, thank you!!

• Also by December 1.  So they can enjoy the card for the whole month.  Also, one less thing for me to do when the whole month is nutty.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I try to send mine 2-3 weeks before Christmas.
  • imagelaney75:

Also by December 1.  So they can enjoy the card for the whole month.  Also, one less thing for me to do when the whole month is nutty.

This is what I try to do.

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"