Success after IF

Anyone have dental work done during pregnancy? (i.e. fillings etc)

My tooth started hurting a little this afternoon and Im praying it goes away (just took a tylenol).  Im nervous that i might need a filling or dental work.  I dont want to live with tooth pain for the next 3 weeks, but am super scared to have dental work done using meds etc.  I know i am being premature here, but anyone get dental work done in the 3rd tri.?

Severe MFI resulting in IVF/ICSI #1 in Nov 2007. BFP!!
Our beautiful son was born July 2008.
2010: 2 IVF's,1 FET = 2 BFN's, 1 c/p :(
Feb 2011-Unmedicated FET= BFP!! DS #2 born Oct 2011!!.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Anyone have dental work done during pregnancy? (i.e. fillings etc)

• I did. I was 33 weeks preg and needed a crown. I cleared it with my OB and dentist, they just didn't do an xray on me, but i did need novacain (sp?).
  • I had a cavity filled a few weeks ago. My OB just said to wait until after the first tri. The local anesthetics dentists use are typically category B, and just fine in the small doses administered. my OB just wanted to make sure they didn't add any steroid to the anesthetic (often added to minimize bleeding during a procedure). My dentist doesn't do that anyways, so it wasn't a problem. My dentist did, however, require a note from my OB OKing the medications, but my OB had a standard form letter approving dental work, suggesting they approve it all the time.

And my SIL had multiple root canals while pregnant with her son. No issues whatsoever.
    Brought to you by IVF, ICSI, limited fert, and oocyte cryopreservation.
    Because we're fancy like that.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Dental work during pregnancy is fine just ask for no epi in the anesthetic. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I did with both Linc and Gwen. For some reason the novocaine made my heart race a bit, which my Dentist said is somewhat common with pg ladies. We just took a little longer to pay attention to that, and to change positions so I was not on my back tipped back for so long. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"