Cloth Diapering
Options

CDing with a circ? Input/What did you do?

The post below has started making me wonder...

What has everyone done for CDing while the circumcision heals? 

I've already got disposable liners for our CD stash, would those be okay?

What is it about the petroleum jelly that is so bad for CDs anyway?

Please share your own experience, what worked, what did not?

Re: CDing with a circ? Input/What did you do?

• Options

The petroleum jelly can make your diapers repel pee.

We used disposables for the first few days waiting for it to heal, then I got sick of the blowouts (already!) so I just used fleece liners and glopped the jelly on them. We stopped using the jelly after a week because it seemed pretty healed and it was no longer sticking to the diaper.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We were using prefolds then. I just put a&d ointment on him and placed a gauze liner between him and the diaper. Worked fine!

SEAHAWKS! And... Macklemore. Seattle's WINNING! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was lazy nad had just had a c/s and just used sposies until i stopped using the jelly.  You can use liners too though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Neosporin on gauze. No other liner. No issues.

Mommy to DD1 (June 2007), DS (January 2010), DD2 (July 2012), and The Next One (EDD 3/31/2015)

• Options
    Ditto pp that the petroleum jelly can cause repelling.  It doesn't melt at washer temps, so it doesn't wash out well.  We had some sposies that the hospital gave us, so we used those, and then we used flushable liners to protect the diapers.  Two caveats there; 1) flushable liners aren't actually all that flushable, and can clog plumbing, so be careful.  We put them in the garbage (they were far enough forward that I don't recall poop getting on them).  2)  We were using prefolds exclusively at that time, so I wasn't too worried about getting a little vaseline on them, because you can treat them much more roughly than other diapers (ex: you can boil prefolds, but that's a bad idea with diapers that contain PUL, snaps or elastic).  That said, we did get a tiny bit on a diaper or two and I didn't treat them any differently.  We didn't have any problems.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We bought a 1/2 yard of fleece from the fabric store, cut it into rectangles and used it as a barrier between the petroleum and diaper.  We then just hand washed the fleece separate from the diapers.  Worked pretty easily, and it was cheap, too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"