January 2012 Moms

Warning, ladies: TMI!

I am new to posting in the "January 2012 Moms" forum...I usually post in the Trimester boards, so don't bite my head off for being a new poster, please! :-P 

Anyway, here's the problem:

I've been experiencing this for about a month or so, but is it normal for my inner labia to be swollen?  Everything else is normal - normal pregnancy discharge, no itching or odor, it's not red or anything.  It's to the point where I'm too afraid to have sex, because I'm nervous that it might hurt.

Is anyone else experiencing this?  If so, is it okay to have sex?  Is there anything I can do to make the swelling decrease?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Warning, ladies: TMI!

• I personally don't have this problem, but from what I've read it is common to be swollen down there due to increased blood flow. You may still want to call you dr just to be on the safe side.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • well is it tender or is it just puffy, possibly changing color?

I only experienced swelling in weeks 4-6 so I am not a good example :

some people will get more genital swelling than others BUT i've seen a few posts around on this site and others where ladies had no ouchy symptoms but were still diagnosed with an infection. when in doubt call your doctor! that's what you pay them for!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagem1ssl1ss:

well is it tender or is it just puffy, possibly changing color?

I only experienced swelling in weeks 4-6 so I am not a good example :

some people will get more genital swelling than others BUT i've seen a few posts around on this site and others where ladies had no ouchy symptoms but were still diagnosed with an infection. when in doubt call your doctor! that's what you pay them for!

It's not tender, just "puffy"...normal in color.

I guess I should just call the doctor - I just wanted to maybe ask ppl on here before I call and ask. :( 

• I hope it's normal, because I've had swelling ever since around week 11, and my OB didn't say anything when I got a pap at 14 weeks. It's annoying, and can be kind of tender.

However, DH absolutely loves it. I'm just so sensitive down there due to increased blood flow he has to be very careful and make sure I'm nice and "warmed up" beforehand to make sure there's enough lubrication. I'm certainly not complaining about that, and he's not complaining about the extra tightness.

Nothing I do makes the swelling go down, though, sorry. 

Anniversary
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageHaley.Beth:

I hope it's normal, because I've had swelling ever since around week 11, and my OB didn't say anything when I got a pap at 14 weeks. It's annoying, and can be kind of tender.

However, DH absolutely loves it. I'm just so sensitive down there due to increased blood flow he has to be very careful and make sure I'm nice and "warmed up" beforehand to make sure there's enough lubrication. I'm certainly not complaining about that, and he's not complaining about the extra tightness.

Nothing I do makes the swelling go down, though, sorry. 

Ah, thanks.  I appreciate your feedback...I'll take that advice too. Yeah, my doctor took a swab as well, and didn't say I had any infection when I first noticed the swelling. 

• I'm not sure if my labia are a bit swollen but my insides are!  Sex has been uncomfortable to painful since I was just a couple of weeks along.  My dr says it's normal because of the increased blood volume in my body and the increased circulation to my girly bits.  She said sex is fine as long as I can find a comfortable position and to take things slowly. 

I say, give sex a try just let your partner know you're more sensitive and that if you say "stop!" to stop immediately.  Try changing positions, using pillows for support and lube if needed.  Remember the more relaxed you are, both physcially and mentally, the easier and less painful sex will be.  If you think it's going to hurt then you're going to subconsciously tense your muscles making it hurt. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"