August 2011 Moms

Start work on Monday...this is just me rambling.

I am soooo not looking forward to Monday.  Not only am I going back to work, but I am starting a new job since I lost my job on Maternity leave (Went out of business)

I'm scared I'm going to cry infront of everyone.  I don't know how I am going to pump.  I was thinking I would just pump during my lunch break, but I'm afraid I'll be too engorged and be in pain for too long. And will that make my milk dry up if I decrease the frequency of my pumping?

My MIL is watching lo, and knowing he is there instead of a day care makes me feel a ton better, but I am soooo jealous of her watching him I find myself looking for things she does wrong. (like the other day she took pics of him in a ceramic planter...WTF?? he could have hit his head! AND last time I checked my baby wasn't a prop!)  Everything she says makes me want to punch her in the face.  She acts like she knows my baby better than me already and she has only watched him twice.  Ok... here I go with the MIL rant.  I'll stop now.

For those of you who have already went back to work...how was it? Did it go slow for you, or was it not that bad?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker photo15Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Start work on Monday...this is just me rambling.

• When I went back to work with DD it was terrible. I cried in the bathroom until  until 10:30am. The second day was pretty bad too but by the end of the week I was better. Leaving her didn't phase her though! Just me, so that made it a little better to know she was fine with me leaving. This time I don't think it will be as bad. I really like my job so that helps! Plus I'm ready for us to have some extra money again! I was making $250 less a week on maternity leave than when I work and over 8 weeks that really added up!

You can pump as much as you need to, it's against the law for them to not allow you to pump and I would recommend that you pump more than just on your lunch break because your supply will be effected by that! I'm going to feed LO before I leave for work then pump around 9:30, 11:30, leave to feed him around 12:30, pump at 2:30 and 4:30, then I will be home to feed him again at 5:30.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageJenJune3:

When I went back to work with DD it was terrible. I cried in the bathroom until  until 10:30am. The second day was pretty bad too but by the end of the week I was better. Leaving her didn't phase her though! Just me, so that made it a little better to know she was fine with me leaving. This time I don't think it will be as bad. I really like my job so that helps! Plus I'm ready for us to have some extra money again! I was making $250 less a week on maternity leave than when I work and over 8 weeks that really added up!

You can pump as much as you need to, it's against the law for them to not allow you to pump and I would recommend that you pump more than just on your lunch break because your supply will be effected by that! I'm going to feed LO before I leave for work then pump around 9:30, 11:30, leave to feed him around 12:30, pump at 2:30 and 4:30, then I will be home to feed him again at 5:30.

Not only is it against the law to prevent it, but they are required by law to provide mothers with sufficient break time to do it and they have to provide a private, non-bathroom area for them to do their pumping. Dont be afraid to ask about it when you get there, it is your right and they hav to allow it. 

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies!  Good to know about the pumping law.  I didn't know if it applied to a new job or not.  I'll def ask. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker photo15Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"