Cloth Diapering
Options

anyone cd even though their daycare won't use cloth diapers

BGB won't be starting daycare until 5 or 6 months, and will only be going 2 or 3 days weekly. I don't see a problem with putting on a disposable before BGB leaves, and then changing BGB when needed after we get home, but am I missing some reason that this is a really big deal? (I don't like the chemicals, but this may just be one of those things I can't control.) 

Re: anyone cd even though their daycare won't use cloth diapers

• Options
    Where the baby would only be in daycare a couple day's a week, I think I'd consider it. If it was full time daycare, I feel like it would kind of be useless (and cost a lot more money than need be).
    "Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

TTC #1- unexplained...lost left ovary 4/07 IUI #1 2/10/09-BFN IUI #2 3/5/09-BFN IVF # 1-BFP

TTC#2- FET 4/7/11 BFP, Natural mc 5/5/11 IVF#2 ER 9/13/11, ET 9/16/11, Beta #1 9/27/11 BFP 254 Beta #2 9/30/11 793 -Twins!

• Options

I agree with naflmj.  I put my DS in daycare FT and finding a CD-friendly daycare was imperative to me.  I was shocked that every daycare I was seriously interested in was supportive of CD-ing (especially since hardly anyone in my area CDs). 

I don't think it would be the end of the world for you, but life w/a baby can be complicated, so it's just another irritation for your day when you are putting BGB in daycare.  I would probably try to find a CD-friendly daycare so you can avoid the hassle (and expense of sposies) altogether.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I used CD?s at home with DD #2 b/c I thought my day care wouldn?t accept them but they accept OS pocket b/c they?re just like sposies. (I?ll be the first to use cloth at day care with my DS and I?m so excited).  As for the CD?s I used prefolds with covers b/c they were the only diapers in my budget at that time.  DD went to day care several times in her CD b/c I forgot to put on a sposie and I got so many questions about CDing.

• Options

We use disposables at daycare (5 days/week) and cloth diaper at home (nights and weekends). I feel like we're still saving money in the long run. It's not that big of a deal, either.

He sleeps at night in cloth, I change him when he first gets up into cloth, then right before we leave I put him in a disposable. They use disposables on him there and then as soon as we get home I change him out of his disposable into cloth, and then change him again into his overnight diaper before bed.

Mom to J (10), L (4), and baby #3 arriving in July of 2015
  • Options
    imageheyitsme:

We use disposables at daycare (5 days/week) and cloth diaper at home (nights and weekends). I feel like we're still saving money in the long run. It's not that big of a deal, either.

He sleeps at night in cloth, I change him when he first gets up into cloth, then right before we leave I put him in a disposable. They use disposables on him there and then as soon as we get home I change him out of his disposable into cloth, and then change him again into his overnight diaper before bed.

Coming out of lurking =)

We do this exactly. The cloth wasn't so much a cost thing for us so it doesn't bother me from that stand point. I would love to have him in cloth full time but there wasn't a single daycare in the area we needed that would do it. He is doing great so far- no rashes or irritation ... we use the huggies all natural kind of sposie for daycare and then cloth 100% of the time at home. DS is EBF and I will say though that we NEVER had a diaper blow out in CDs pre-going to daycare and now most days he has a blow out in disposables.... so we have to keep several sets of extra cloths at daycare!

~ Life is good - count your blessings! ~
  • Options
    If its not a big deal to you, and you are cool with all that you mentioned, then I don't think you're missing anything at all.  There are some good options as far as chemical-free sposies out there if your DCP is one that won't do CD. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"