Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Question for moms with more than one child

A friend of mine is expecting her third baby any day now, and I would really like to give her a present--either for herself or for the new baby. What kind of things did you need/want/enjoy receiving when you had your second (or third, or fourth, etc.) child? Her other kids are 2 and 4, and she has both a boy and a girl, so I'm guessing she is already well-stocked with children's books/toys/blankets/clothes/etc. 

I was thinking I could get something personalized with the new baby's name on it, but she already did that for me when I had my first child, so I feel a little unoriginal doing the same thing. (Though I might still do it anyway.) And I'm already planning to make some dinner that they can put in their freezer and heat up. Any other ideas? 

Thank you! 

Re: Question for moms with more than one child

• Options
    Do you live close to her?  I'd offer to maybe take her 2 oldest kids for a bit here and there to the playground or something just to give her a break.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Food is always the perfect gift! Please do not wait until the baby arrives to help your friend. I was so touched by friends who helped BEFORE the baby came. The last couple of weeks and days were very difficult so not having to worry about dinner, entertaining DS, and even walking our dog made a huge difference.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I second the food and the offer to help with the older kids. Maybe hook her up with a gift basket with "easy to eat with one hand" foods or a gift card to a place that delivers (or has curb side carry out/to-go).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I got one of these for a friend (who had just had her 3rd) and one for myself.  LOVE them!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/64825197/8x10-art-print-bathtime-sisters-blonde?ref=cat2_list_35

• Options

I got one of these for a friend (who had just had her 3rd) and one for myself.  LOVE them!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/64825197/8x10-art-print-bathtime-sisters-blonde?ref=cat2_list_35

• Options

I just had my 3rd DD and I got a lot of clothes - exactly what I didn't need!  I appreciated the gestures, but I have more baby girl clothes than I know what to do with! 

One of my friends brought diapers.  Another brought a hooded baby towel w/ our DD's name embroidered in it, which I love love love!!!  It is a big & thick towel (not the small and thin Carter's baby towels) so she will probably use it until she is 4 or 5! Books are always a great gift. 

Definitely avoid any kind of stuffed animal or baby toys - she probably has more than she knows what to do with. 

• Options
    ditto the food and taking the older 2 kids for awhile so she can sleep
  • Options
    Ditto the customized Towel (Potterybarnkids has the best quality) and I would have LOOOOOVED to get a certificate for pampering myself...like for a 30 minute massage or a haircut or sth like that...when you feel as big as a house a haircut CAN make your day special!
  • Options
    I just want to say thank you for all of the great suggestions! You have been SO helpful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"