Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Infection after episiotomy?

I had my baby last Friday and had an episiotomy. I have had zero pain or itching and feel great. The last couple of days I started to notice a sort of sour odor and was disturbed because I am super psycho about showering and changing my pad. I decided to have it checked out just in case and was told I have a bacterial infection AND a yeast infection. I have to take monistat and a vaginal suppository med for three days since I am breastfeeding. I am so upset about this. I do not want to do the suppositories because I don't want to irritate my stitches! Anyone else have any of this happen???

Re: Infection after episiotomy?

• At my 6 week check up I had BV. The dr gave me antibiotics for it. Then 6 weeks later I got BV again PLUS a yeast infection. I've never had either one before & the drs can't seem to figure out why I'm getting them. I am very hygenic (spelling?). Very clean...LOL I'm starting to wonder if something happened when I gave birth...????

ETA: I also tore & had to have stitches...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1:10/31/10 DS born 6/22/11BFP #3:4/24/12 DD born 12/31/12
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Same here... I got a really high fever after delivery and they gave me antibiotics through my iv, but they never figured out what the infection was??
  • Loading the player...
  • imagelandosmommy:

At my 6 week check up I had BV. The dr gave me antibiotics for it. Then 6 weeks later I got BV again PLUS a yeast infection. I've never had either one before & the drs can't seem to figure out why I'm getting them. I am very hygenic (spelling?). Very clean...LOL I'm starting to wonder if something happened when I gave birth...????

BV AND a yeast infection?

Peeeyoou!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"