Babies: 9 - 12 Months

My 10 month old only wants fruit and pasta.

Toot decided she is done with purees, but the only thing I can get her to eat other than fruit is pasta. I made her a nice dinner of whipped potatoes, chicken, strawberries and pineapple and she won't touch anything but the fruit. I don't want to give her pasta every night. Any tips?
i wish i could be joking but my dad is the music teacher at a church so he owuld be mad. we had sex, all the time how bad i know but we dont want to wait and he said GREAT OH KAY! and I was really feeling the wets? down there- too embarsed to say- but he acted like man.

Re: My 10 month old only wants fruit and pasta.

• Eli is kinda the same way....LIVES on pasta...i try to give him the prego veggie smart which has a higher daily value of veggies in it....will sometimes mix in shredded cheese for some added dairy and maybe break apart a meat ball or 2 in there and i feel pretty good that its a healthy dinner....have you tried different pastas?  like ravioli with a veggie filling cut apart?  or lasagna with some meat sauce?  

also if eli is being difficult i can usually get by with a few bites of what he wants and then sneak attack with something i want him to eat ;) 

1 chemical and 1 loss at 9 weeks prior to DS
    IVF #1 1/10-transfered 2 blasts- DS born 10/2010

Trying for # 2 since 2012.  2 failed FETS 1 failed IUI.
    IUI#2 4/14/14-- BFP !!!!! Beta #1 14dpiui= 45 Beta #2 16dpiui= 80  Beta #3 18dpiui= 88 (chemical pregnancy)
    March 2015- Chemical pg

1/25/16- BFP  Beta1 12dpo = 17, Beta 2 14 dpo = 28.. resulted in one beautiful boy born 9/21/16 :)

Now I'm a stay at home loving life and pursuing my love of photography!!!
  • I try and give her lean cuisine/smart ones/healthy choice pastas because they are quick and come with veggies. She ate one with spinach and portabello mushrooms in it the other day, but refuses to eat meat. I guess I will just have to be content with sneaking veggies in her pasta and keep trying.
    i wish i could be joking but my dad is the music teacher at a church so he owuld be mad. we had sex, all the time how bad i know but we dont want to wait and he said GREAT OH KAY! and I was really feeling the wets? down there- too embarsed to say- but he acted like man.
  • Loading the player...
  • I sometimes dip his pasta in veggie purees (even though he's pretty good about eating anything I give him) so he gets that. Or I buy the garden veggie pasta and make that. I'd be careful with Lean Cuisine stuff. It's got a ton of sodium in it. I say just keep offering. Don't offer the fruit at the same time as the chicken or whatever. Encourage her to eat the other food, then give the fruit if she does. What other types of food have you tried? DS likes veggie burgers, they're a little more flavorful than plain meat.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I give her one for one meal, normally lunch time, and try something else for dinner. She does fine at breakfast. I haven't thought of veggie burgers. I will give them a shot. Thanks
  • imagegisa886:
    I try and give her lean cuisine/smart ones/healthy choice pastas because they are quick and come with veggies. She ate one with spinach and portabello mushrooms in it the other day, but refuses to eat meat. I guess I will just have to be content with sneaking veggies in her pasta and keep trying.
    . I would really watch the sodium that is in preserved foods like those. Too much salt isn't good for babies.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagegisa886:
    I try and give her lean cuisine/smart ones/healthy choice pastas because they are quick and come with veggies. She ate one with spinach and portabello mushrooms in it the other day, but refuses to eat meat. I guess I will just have to be content with sneaking veggies in her pasta and keep trying.

Those have more salt in them than an adult needs in a whole day, let alone a 10 month old.

Have you tried cooking an egg yolk and cutting it into strips? My LO loves that, and the texture would be close to pasta. If she loves fruit, you could cut a sweet potato into sticks and bake it, or try steamed carrots or peas. If she eats the egg strips, you could scramble in a veggie puree next time. 

IMG_8165 lb4lyfe2
    Online Photo Editor

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Ztarrgheighzurr Lylliegh Smith is due in January!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • She is rejecting everything but pasta and fruit. I will keep trying stuff, but for now I will just keep giving her stuff she'll eat.
  • imageLoppy19:
    Can you toss the pasta with vegetable purees?

I haven't tried that since we were trying to get her to eat more solid food, but I will. That is a really good idea. Thanks

• How about the pastas that are made with spinach and veggies? I know ronzoni makes a veggie pasta. There is an organic company that makes a pasta with beets, carrots and spinach as well. You can always make your own pasta too and just add a puree to it. It's much more simple than it seems. Once you  have it made you can freeze it and boil it from frozen portions.
  • imageMolluskwrangler:
    How about the pastas that are made with spinach and veggies? I know ronzoni makes a veggie pasta. There is an organic company that makes a pasta with beets, carrots and spinach as well. You can always make your own pasta too and just add a puree to it. It's much more simple than it seems. Once you  have it made you can freeze it and boil it from frozen portions.

I've always wanted to make my own pasta, but I'm afraid to. I will check out veggie pastas. I am going to make lasagna in the next couple of days and a turkey chili so maybe she'll eat some of both of those.

• Fruit is good for her, so I wouldn't worry about that. I know with DD, she gets diaper rash if she eats too much pineapple because the acidity gets to her.. just a side note.

Maybe try giving fruit second? Dont' offer it until after she eats some of the other food... it may take several minutes of refusing to eat before they finally agree and go for it.

Edit: Ok, pasta is your question. lol      The other ladies had good suggestions with adding veggie sauces. If you don't want to give pasta at all some meals, your LO probably will eventually give in. I know with DD texture plays a big role. Like chicken gets dry quickly when it's cut up small, so she needs BBQ or something on it. Whatever you want LO to eat, just try to disguise it.

•  

A bumpie recommended Piccolini? Pasta.  I just picked up a couple of boxes.

https://www.barillaus.com/Pages/Product-Landing.aspx?brandID=4

E loves YoBaby yogurt.  Have you tried that?  His favorite is banana.

Om nom nom
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagegisa886:

imageMolluskwrangler:
    How about the pastas that are made with spinach and veggies? I know ronzoni makes a veggie pasta. There is an organic company that makes a pasta with beets, carrots and spinach as well. You can always make your own pasta too and just add a puree to it. It's much more simple than it seems. Once you  have it made you can freeze it and boil it from frozen portions.

I've always wanted to make my own pasta, but I'm afraid to. I will check out veggie pastas. I am going to make lasagna in the next couple of days and a turkey chili so maybe she'll eat some of both of those.

Don't be afraid!! I promise it's easier than it seems. You can even make it in a food processor. It more time consuming than anything. I've made pounds of it at a time for work (by hand) and can give you a recipe if you like. For hand made or food processor.

• imagejenna3016:

She loves yogurt. We get her YoBaby, but if I"m eating Yoplait I have to share it with her because she goes crazy. We normally give her fruit and oatmeal or yogurt and oatmeal for breakfast it is just the other two meals that are giving me a hard time.

• imagegisa886:
    imagejenna3016:

She loves yogurt. We get her YoBaby, but if I"m eating Yoplait I have to share it with her because she goes crazy. We normally give her fruit and oatmeal or yogurt and oatmeal for breakfast it is just the other two meals that are giving me a hard time.

YoBaby also has "meals" yogurt that are a fruit and veggie mix...I think we've had Apple + Sweet Potato and Peach + Squash. I don't know if you've tried those or not but it might be one way to get a little veggie into her 

• imageMolluskwrangler:
    imagegisa886:

imageMolluskwrangler:

Don't be afraid!! I promise it's easier than it seems. You can even make it in a food processor. It more time consuming than anything. I've made pounds of it at a time for work (by hand) and can give you a recipe if you like. For hand made or food processor.

I would appreciate that so much. I am a SAHM mom so I have the time to do it. Does it freeze easy? Have you made ravioli or stringy pastas?

• imageSeussicalOne:
    imagegisa886:
    imagejenna3016:

YoBaby also has "meals" yogurt that are a fruit and veggie mix...I think we've had Apple + Sweet Potato and Peach + Squash. I don't know if you've tried those or not but it might be one way to get a little veggie into her 

I haven't seen that. We have to go 30 minutes away to get more than just the blueberry and strawberry banana. Next time I go to whole foods I will see if they have that or something similar. She was a great eater when it was all purees, but then a couple of weeks ago she said no thanks to pureed food and we've struggled ever since. She did eat taco filling one night when I made turkey tacos.

• imagegisa886:
    imageMolluskwrangler:
    imagegisa886:

imageMolluskwrangler:

I would appreciate that so much. I am a SAHM mom so I have the time to do it. Does it freeze easy? Have you made ravioli or stringy pastas?

It freezes super easy and can go from freezer to boiling water. I have made raviolis, gnocci all kinds of stuff. I am a trained chef and worked at many Italian restaurants. I am off to bed but I will PM you those recipes by Monday. You can really use the same dough and then do whatever you want with it.

• imageMolluskwrangler:
    imagegisa886:
    imageMolluskwrangler:
    imagegisa886:

imageMolluskwrangler:

It freezes super easy and can go from freezer to boiling water. I have made raviolis, gnocci all kinds of stuff. I am a trained chef and worked at many Italian restaurants. I am off to bed but I will PM you those recipes by Monday. You can really use the same dough and then do whatever you want with it.

Thanks a ton you are great! I am gonna make some pumpkin and zucchini muffins since she tried pumpkin bread today and loved it.

• I would really stay away from lean cuisines! Someone that little does not need all that salt and Chemicals! You can make an easy homemade pasta sauce with lots of veggies, like zucchini, carrots and squash. Much easier and healthier than a lean cuisine!
  • For a few weeks all I could get DS to eat was Mac N Cheese... It'll get better... now he's on a butter & jelly sandwich kick!! :-)
  • imagekwitt22:
    I would really stay away from lean cuisines! Someone that little does not need all that salt and Chemicals! You can make an easy homemade pasta sauce with lots of veggies, like zucchini, carrots and squash. Much easier and healthier than a lean cuisine!

This is what I was thinking about doing.  Or just adding extra veggies to store bought sauce.  I guess it depends upon how messy red sauce can get.

Om nom nom
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"