January 2012 Moms
Options

Mood swings and OB question

Hi ladies, I have been fine until recently, but all of a sudden the last 3-4 weeks i am super moody. I go from happy to crying to mad I feel so bad for my hubby. Is this normal? Also i am considering changing OBs and want a few opinions. My OB tells me everything is normal, He admitted me to the hospital for observation because i have been fainting and he says oh it's normal. Is it just me or does having to go to the hospital not seem so normal? Should i change this late into the Pregnancy?

Re: Mood swings and OB question

• Options

I think a lot of this stuff falls under the "normal" category for pregnancy, just doesn't mean it's always fun or easy to deal with.  If your mood swings have gotten that bad maybe you want to try to talk to a counselor or change your diet (not sure how it is normally, but maybe try more vegetables and less sugar/carbs-i know those affect my mood), might not be something you'll get over, but be able to ease it a bit.  I think it's very normal to feel faint during pregnancy and to even fall down or black out.  However, if it's consistant they probably just want to check for an underlying problem, because it's not good for you to fall down, even if it's normal. 

As for changing OBs, that's completely up to you.  You have to be completely comfortable with whoever is your care provider.  That's a personal choice.  I've heard from some people though that some doctors won't take new patients that are so far along, so if you choose to switch you might want to do your research first. 

Married DH - December 2006, Started TTC - July 2009, BFP - May 15, 2011 (round #1 chlomid) Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imageerineileen317:

I think a lot of this stuff falls under the "normal" category for pregnancy, just doesn't mean it's always fun or easy to deal with.  If your mood swings have gotten that bad maybe you want to try to talk to a counselor or change your diet (not sure how it is normally, but maybe try more vegetables and less sugar/carbs-i know those affect my mood), might not be something you'll get over, but be able to ease it a bit.  I think it's very normal to feel faint during pregnancy and to even fall down or black out.  However, if it's consistant they probably just want to check for an underlying problem, because it's not good for you to fall down, even if it's normal. 

As for changing OBs, that's completely up to you.  You have to be completely comfortable with whoever is your care provider.  That's a personal choice.  I've heard from some people though that some doctors won't take new patients that are so far along, so if you choose to switch you might want to do your research first. 

THIS! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"