3rd Trimester
Options

Taking two names to the hospital?

Okay, so hubs and I have decided on 2 names.  We decided that we'll just "see what she looks like" and decide. 

Is this realistic?  I mean, really, when we see her will we be able to say... "Oh she's definitely a ... "  Everyone keeps telling me that its not going to make or break a decision for us.  That its not realistic?  Anyone do this with their baby?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Taking two names to the hospital?

• Options
    I did not but I know people who have!  I also know people who were set on a name and instantly changed their minds after seeing their baby.  So I say go for it!  There is nothing wrong with not having a set name until after the baby is born.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    2 names?  I wish we could get it down to 2 names.  With DS we went in with 4 or 5.  This time around we are at about 7 right now.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We did with G. We had a girl name all picked out, but couldn't decide between Gabriel or Gideon. He was born, laid on my chest and I looked at my husband. "Gabriel or Gideon?" His response, "Totally a 'Gabriel.'" I couldn't have agreed more!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker BFP 04/15/2011; M/C 04/21/2011 Sleep with Jesus sweet baby.
  • Options
    Have no idea if it is realistic...but, we are doing it too!  Actually, we don't know the baby's gender yet, so we are taking two names for each gender and hoping baby is obvriously one of them when the time comes! 
  • Options

Whewww!  Okay, ya'll made me feel so much better.  I too have a hard time thinking it will work by just looking at her... but I guess it does! 

We have the middle name already picked.  Since my husband's dad died when he was 15, and we're not having a boy, we decided to do a female version of Michael (his dad's name), so her middle name will be Michaela.  But the first name is what we're still going back and forth on. 

Ohhhh I can't wait to see her!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My parents had the last 6 of their kids at home and the last three didnt have names for a little while (one for almost two weeks.) They wanted the name to fit the baby, and not just something they liked.
  • Options
    Well I think we are leaning towards Leah, but I also like the name Sable, which means black.  But my first DD is totally blond hair blue/gray eyes and if this little one comes out fair complected as well, I don't think Sable will work well.  So I'm kind of going in and making the final decision when I see her.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We are doing this also - only two names for both boy and girl, but the same middle name.

We do prefer one name over the other in both sexes, but if the name doesn't fit we have a back-up.

Perfectly realistic.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I haven't a clue as to what we will name DD. I'm 37 weeks and we just can't agree on anything... So we will wait to see her and hopefully find something we both like!
  • Options
    We are Team Green and have 5 girl names and 6-7 boy names.  I don't think we'll narrow it down anymore either because neither of us wants to take any off the table.  I think you'll be able to sort it out no problem!  I wish I was down to 2 but oh well. 
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • Options
    We also have two names picked our for our LO.  While we definitely have a top runner, we just wanted to make sure that we had a back up just in case!
  • Options

We took zero names to the hospital and we also didn't know whether it was a boy or girl.  I'm happy with our decision. 

It's totally doable just from the aspect that you will be very tired and you will just pick one. 

• Options
    We are set on our boy name but we have been tossing around two different girl names. We decided the other day that we will just wait until LO is born and if it's a girl we will choose whichever name fits better.
    photo dca9b006-0f54-4503-ad9d-536560d9d80f.jpg
    Mr C born 10/25/11  Miss M born 9/11/14
  • Options
    We did this with our son and it worked out just fine. When it came to the final decision, we had stronger feelings about one name vs another. We still were a bit unsure when we finally decided, but once it stuck, we loved it!!! (Our son's name is a bit unusual, so weren't sure, but now everyone loves it.)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Tickerv
  • Options
    I know people who have done that. And also people who couldn't decide on a name at all before LO was born but as soon as they saw LO they just knew and decided right then.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"