June 2012 Moms
Options

GTKY: Nursery Pet Peeve

What's your biggest nursery pet peeve?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: GTKY: Nursery Pet Peeve

• Options
    Themed EVERYTHING. Especially if it's character themed. A mickey mouse blanket, light switch, trash can, door knob, mobile, EVERYTHING.
  • Options

Specific character themes... disney, winnie the pooh, sesame street, etc. Especially when it goes overboard like PP said.  

Where's the creativity, people!?!?  :-P   

Married 5/2006 ~ MMC 5/2011 ~ DD born 6/2012 ~ Baby #2 EDD 12/21/2014

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Themes, too much pink or blue.. I have more.  Let me think!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imageNikMck06:

Specific character themes... disney, winnie the pooh, sesame street, etc. Especially when it goes overboard like PP said.  

I agree with both PPs. I would rather have my child pick out characters once they are older and can!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageFutureMrsFezz:
    Themes, too much pink or blue.. I have more.  Let me think!

OH the too much pink or blue is on my list too. Awful. 

• Options

Super fancy nurseries.  It's a baby, not a member of the royal family.  Unless you have help you're not going to have time to dust chandeliers or hand wash lace curtains.

I like classy and simple or silly and fun but I don't get the over-the-top fancy things.  Just not my style.

image   image

• Options

I don't like the character themes either.... I think they're kind of boring.  It's like buying one of those bathroom decor sets from Walmart... it takes all the fun out of it.

I think the best ones are the ones where pieces are mixed and matched, homemade, or recycled.  I plan to piece mine together and get crafty.  Also.... ETSY, ETSY, ETSY.  I will be shopping on ETSY- I love it!

BFP 1 | EDD 4.1.11 | MMC D&C 10.27.10 | 14 weeks
    BFP 2 | EDD 9.29.11 | MC 1.25.11 | 6 weeks
    BFP 3 | EDD 3.4.12 | MC 9.5.11 | 10 weeks
    BFP 4 | Twins EDD 6.7.12 | MC James 10.31.11 Kellen 1.12.12 | 8 weeks/19 weeks

BFP 5 | EDD 12.24.12 | Rainbow Baby in the Making!
    **Formerly known as Nikki04vb**
    ? PGAL/PAL Welcome ?
  • Options
    imageEMO-mamma:

Super fancy nurseries.  It's a baby, not a member of the royal family.  Unless you have help you're not going to have time to dust chandeliers or hand wash lace curtains.

I like classy and simple or silly and fun but I don't get the over-the-top fancy things.  Just not my style.

This too. You're not even in the nursery all that much anyway. 

• Options
    imageOO cupcakes OO:

I don't like the character themes either.... I think they're kind of boring.  It's like buying one of those bathroom decor sets from Walmart... it takes all the fun out of it.

I think the best ones are the ones where pieces are mixed and matched, homemade, or recycled.  I plan to piece mine together and get crafty.  Also.... ETSY, ETSY, ETSY.  I will be shopping on ETSY- I love it!

This This This. I don't like the theme stuff at all.  I also adore Etsy.  I was just on there!

ETA:

I also hate the gender freak out.  Hypothetically speaking about nurseries once I mentioned I would possibly like to do something with a safari type theme.  I got several "oh but you can't if you have a girl" responses.  I was then schooled in what is appropriate for little sugar and spice girls.  Give me a break.

imageimage

TTC #1 since 5/10
    BFP #1 7/22/11 - EDD 4/2/11 - M/C 8/15/11 (7w0d)
    BFP #2 9/23/11 - EDD 6/5/12 ♥It's a Girl♥
    BFP #3 2/20/13 - EDD 11/2/13 ♥It's a Girl♥
  • Options
    imageGracieBlue:
    imageOO cupcakes OO:

ETA:

I also hate the gender freak out.  Hypothetically speaking about nurseries once I mentioned I would possibly like to do something with a safari type theme.  I got several "oh but you can't if you have a girl" responses.  I was then schooled in what is appropriate for little sugar and spice girls.  Give me a break.

Safari themes are totally girl appropriate! Argh, that's annoying!

• Options
    imageEMO-mamma:

This and too much pink or blue.  We went neutral with DD's nursery specifically b/c we knew we wanted more children and wanted to be able to use the same room over again.  Now I get to have fun decorating DD's big girl room. :)

~DD born 3-25-10~DS born 6-5-12~
    imageimage
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers imageimage
  • Options
    imageNikMck06:

Characters make me want to vom. I cringe whenever I have to buy one of my boys clothing with a character on it. Ick!

DS#1- 7/2002

DS#2- 6/2004

DS#3- 9/2007

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    imageNikMck06:

Characters make me want to vom. I cringe whenever I have to buy one of my boys clothing with a character on it. Ick!

DS#1- 7/2002

DS#2- 6/2004

DS#3- 9/2007

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    imageKCheam2006:
    imageGracieBlue:
    imageOO cupcakes OO:

ETA:

Agreed. 

There's a very good chance I'll be doing a safari theme regardless of the sex.  

Visit The Nest!
  • Options
    imageMissButters:
    imageKCheam2006:
    imageGracieBlue:
    imageOO cupcakes OO:

ETA:

Agreed. 

There's a very good chance I'll be doing a safari theme regardless of the sex.  

agreed. you prolly should smack-a-beeeeeetch. :) I love safari/giraffes. and turtles :) anything too put together freaks me out and makes me feel like the parents won't ever let the LO play with anything. it's a nursery, not a MUSEUM.

• Options
    imageGracieBlue:
    imageOO cupcakes OO:

This This This. I don't like the theme stuff at all.  I also adore Etsy.  I was just on there!

ETA:

We love safari theme. The room is yellow and we found the Cutest stuffed giraffe!
  • Options
    This is probably UO, but I hate owl themes. They just bug me.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • Options
    A lot of you have already said it... but I am not a fan of very pink or very blue rooms. They make me cringe.
    Mommy to Anniston (3), Eden (1), and baby on the way. Angel baby 4/2013
  • Options
    imageGracieBlue:
    imageOO cupcakes OO:

ETA:

Yeah, people can be weird about what is "girl" and what is "boy" stuff.  My MIL told me that we can't have white furniture with a boy.  What?  White is girly now?

• Options

WINNIE THE POOH!!!

hate hate hate hate

think it looks cheap/tacky, and it's EVERYWHERE!!!! I literally can't stand baby items with winnie the pooh on them!

**~*Noelle*~**
    Happily Wed DH in May 2010
    June 2012: DD#1 born after countless fertility cycles, our 4 year old miracle 
    TTC #2: current cycle: 225iu Menopur for 4 weeks, Ovidrel Trigger= BFP! Beta #1; 333, Beta #2 713! 1st u/s showed TWINS (7/18)
    BabyFruit Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"