Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

My Story (Caution : Graphic and also tickers)

I had suspicions all last week that the baby wasn't doing well. On Monday (9/19)  I woke up symptom free after being tired and nauseous for the last 7 weeks. Wednesday (9/21) we tried to hear the baby's heartbeat and we couldn't find it after trying for an hour. We tried again Friday (9/23) and Saturday (9/24) but no luck. Saturday morning I had some cramping and brown spotting but my midwife had thought maybe I had just done too much in the days beforehand since my DH had a vasectomy last Thursday (9/22) and was in a lot of pain so I had the burden of the house, kid and pets on me. Then Sunday (9/25) morning I woke up with red bleeding and more cramping so we went to the hospital to be checked out.

According to the u/s tech...who I don't know if I believe really measured well, the baby had stopped growing at 10 weeks and had no heartbeat. She seemed to think that DH and I were making it up when we told her we heard the baby with the doppler the previous Saturday but after 4 kids I do know the sound of a baby's HB and it was 168bpm so it was definitely not mine.

Anyway I went home to weigh my options and a few hours later started cramping badly. About 2 hours into the cramps (which honestly felt more like labor contractions then cramps) the baby, placenta and amniotic sac all came out as a unit.

I don't think I was prepared to see the baby. I wasn't prepared that it would actually look like a baby...fingers, toes, ears....it was overwhelmingly real and incredibly upsetting.

So now here we are a week after DH's vasectomy, 5 days after having a m/c and wondering what happens next. We are hoping we have time to try again but are pretty doubtful, I guess it depends on how long this bleeding lasts and when my body decides it wants to give me an egg.

Re: My Story (Caution : Graphic and also tickers)

• Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you get the opportunity to try again. Try to take it easy if you can & give yourself time to heal, emotionally & physically. I remember another of your posts from before & a response said to try sperm banking. I hope that works out for your H!
    DS1- Jan 2011
    DS2- Sept 2012
    M/C- Sept 2011

2u2!
  • Options
    I am so very sorry for your loss.  I hope you can find all of the support you need here.

Our baby boy,Logan, was born still at 19w3d on 7/1/2011
    Our 2nd baby boy, Mason, was born still at 20w3d on 1/31/2012

After a much needed sanity break... we are praying for our rainbows

((BFP 7/29/13))  ((EDD 4/12/14))  It's BOY/GIRL twins!!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

My heart breaks for you.  I hope that you all do get to try again.  I'm so sorry.

• Options

imagecatdwg83:
    I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you get the opportunity to try again. Try to take it easy if you can & give yourself time to heal, emotionally & physically. I remember another of your posts from before & a response said to try sperm banking. I hope that works out for your H!

Thank you. 

We did look into sperm banking and were told it's too late. He would have had to freeze it beforehand. According to the IVF place his numbers will drop really fast and freezing kills half so it's not worth it. Plus with low numbers they will only do IVF, no IUI's, and IVF costs $6,000+....we don't have that.

I just never expected that I would lose a baby at 13 weeks...I have had 4 healthy pregnancies (which I know is a blessing) and never had a m/c so I just didn't see it coming. Hindsight, you know?

• Options

I am so sorry.

I just wanted to tell you (not sure if it's already been mentioned) but it can take a while for your HCG level to return to negative. Not sure if they are testing your HCG levels weekly? I was only at a level of 3200 and it took 4 full weeks from when the bleeding started to get to '3' (a "negative" number).

Right now, your OPK readings are not going to be accurate if you still have HCG in your system, since they can read HCG as well as LH.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"