October 2011 Moms

Stupid fears/concerns...

So I just had an u/s today to follow-up from a cyst they saw in LO's ovary at 33 weeks.. good news is that it's gone (or so small they can't even see it) .. so that is a big happy face :-D  (random side note, I have no clue how to make the smiley face actually look like a "real" smiley face.. anywho..  you get the idea lol)

During these u/s the tech measures the baby... at 33 weeks everything was right on track.. her head was measuring a little big but no biggie.. and now at this morning's appt, her belly is still only measuring at 33/34 weeks.. and her head is measuring a little over 36 weeks.

My stupid fear or concern is that my LO is going to come out looking like a bobble head lol. I know this is a completely dumb and an irrational fear.. but it's just something that I can't get out of my head.

Any of you ladies have other similar, irrational concerns?

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Stupid fears/concerns...

• My high risk Dr does measurements 4 weeks apart because growth for these babies is inconsistent.  And not accurate!  So I wouldn't worry.

For the record, my DD's head size was 99th percentile.  I called her my little lollipop.  As it turns out, she's BRILLIANT and I think it's because she has such a big brain.  :-)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    DMoney will be a kickass big sister
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Since becoming pregnant, I have become frightend of:

The Apocolypse (not the type were Jesus comes back, the type where the gov't collapses or we all die from bird flu)

Nuclear Bombs

Fires

Natural Disasters of any type including the kind we don't get here

Alien invasions

Home invasions (but this could be because we just moved into a rental house and I've never lived in a house before so it makes me feel exposed)

And possibly everything else that makes sense to an agoraphobe

I get that I'm being ridiculous, but I've never had someone to live for before. I know that DH can take care of himself, but our little baby would need me, and I would need to take care of it. It freaks me out knowing this. Not quit the same as your "bobble head baby" fear, but irrational none the less!

BFP 11/2/10! First Dr's appt 11/30/10, shows Blighted Ovum measuring~ 5.9w @ 7w5d Natural Miscarraige 12/10/10 TTA unitl Feb, waiting BARE minimum before hopping back in the saddle So ready to try again, but I will never forget my first baby. BFP#2 02/06/11!!!! *stick baby, stick!* Team Green turn Team PINK 10/09/11 BFP #3 02/23/13...SURPRISE! Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  •  Let's just say that since I had to use donor sperm, my fear is that LO will not look enough like DH and me to pass as ours...skin tone or facial structure, or whatever. Maybe they mixed up the vials or marked them wrong or we read the discription wrong. This is my fear.Embarrassed Of course I will still love him but it would make our life different to have people off the street make comments. Maybe even about me and my fidelity.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagejeanniez:
     Let's just say that since I had to use donor sperm, my fear is that LO will not look enough like DH and me to pass as ours...skin tone or facial structure, or whatever. Maybe they mixed up the vials or marked them wrong or we read the discription wrong. This is my fear.Embarrassed Of course I will still love him but it would make our life different to have people off the street make comments. Maybe even about me and my fidelity.

I truly get this fear but would like to say with my experience people who do not know any different will automatically see a resemblance of your husband in your child.  His forhead,his height,his nose,his teeth. The funny part is that you will actually see it too :)

• My little guy has been frank breech for weeks now, and he is getting pretty big and crowded in there...my irrational fear is that he'll come out and be so used to being bent like a pretzel that his body won't straighten out right...stupid but this is the nightmare that I have...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"