2nd Trimester

Stomach Cramping Pretty Bad (?)

How bad until I should be worried? The doctor's office is closed now. This is my first. What would make you go to the hospital?

I don't have any bleeding or anything, but it hurts and feels kinda numb (I had numbness earlier in the pregnancy and nothing was wrong). 

Re: Stomach Cramping Pretty Bad (?)

• Your ob should have an oncall number you can call and they will have someone call you back asap. How are the cramps is your tummy getting hard, is it coming in waves. what are some details also. how far along are you
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oh I had the same problem. Extreme cramping, went to emerg. It was a really bad case of constipation which is super common in pregnancy... but it's worth giving the doc a call. It might help to get the doc to use the doppler for reassurance and he can check you. 

If you are super worried, don't hesitate to go to the hospital. I waited for a while but at least I got reassurance. They even did a scan. But call your doctor first, if possible. 

• Loading the player...
  • sorry just saw the ticker call your doc office.
  • lay down and drink a lot of water.  Try going to the bathroom.

If it continues call your doc.

• I don't think it's constipation. I just went #2 maybe 2 hours ago at the most. I have a fibroid. Maybe it is that? The doc always asks if it's been giving me pain at my check-ups but I didn't know what he was talking about. My stomach isn't hard. It is just a constant aching/throbbing pain on my left side (where I think the fibroid is)- maybe 6 out of 10 right now.
  • At this point I really think you should get checked out. We're not doctors. (at least I'm not) and the internet is not good for diagnosis. You can wait it out but since it's the weekend I would go to the hospital. Is there anything preventing you? I just realized you're probably from the states. I'm from Canada so it's easy up here with free healthcare. I don't wanna say anything incase it is urgent. If it's not constipation, you should at least call your doctor, he would know about your particular body and case more than any of us. 

Again, I stress, if you are worried go to the hospital. I wish you all the best xoxo 

• imageShawnee11507:
    I don't think it's constipation. I just went #2 maybe 2 hours ago at the most. I have a fibroid. Maybe it is that? The doc always asks if it's been giving me pain at my check-ups but I didn't know what he was talking about. My stomach isn't hard. It is just a constant aching/throbbing pain on my left side (where I think the fibroid is)- maybe 6 out of 10 right now.

Does Tylenol help? I agree-- try a few glasses of water, take a bath, maybe even a heating pad on your side where it hurts (just not too hot).  My guess is it's not related to the baby, but of course I'm not a doctor. I always err on the side of don't call because I hate overreacting, but if it's going to bother you, go in. 

And agree with pp-- they should have an on-call number.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I took 2 tylenol and drank a bottle of water and it feels a lot better. Down to a 3. Was probably the fibroid or something. Thanks ladies.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"