Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Is it weird that I want to try my breast pump now?

Just so curious how it will feel/work. DH is looking at me like I'm crazy and afraid I'll induce labor if I stimulate my nipples that much (he paid attention in childbirth class).
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Is it weird that I want to try my breast pump now?

• Options

imageitsmegin:
    Just so curious how it will feel/work. DH is looking at me like I'm crazy and afraid I'll induce labor if I stimulate my nipples that much (he paid attention in childbirth class).

lol.. I want mine too, and sadly I am no wear near my EDD.  If only we could start bumping now and bank (freeze) for later.... only in a perfect world :) 

• Options

imagephancykat:
    Sounds kind of kinky, but it's not THAT far from your EDD, and I don't think the nipple stimulation will send you into labor if you're not ready. Go for it!

LOL I didn't mean it to be kinky Embarrassed I just feel like I have this cool new toy and I want to open it up and play with it! Wait now that sounds kinky Stick out tongue

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh boy I am enjoying every single second until I have to pump again!  DS and I had all kinds of BF'ing issues and even with regular help from our hospital's awesome LC, at like 3 weeks he still wasnt at his birthweight, so the LC helped me switched to EP'ing.  It was the longest 11ish months ever!  DS was always super healthy though, so I'll call it worth it.  One cold and one low grade fever for the entire first year!  :)
    Anniversary Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

~Started TTC 2/09. BFP #1 11/09. EDD 8/7/10. DS born 8/7/10.~
    ~Surprise BFP #2 5/11 while still BF'ing. Natural M/C @ 7w3d.~
    ~BFP #3 8/11. EDD 4/24/12. Heavy bleeding episodes from a lost twin. DD born 4/14/12.~
    ~Started TTC 2/13. BFP #4 3/13. EDD 11/8/13. Hoping for smooth sailing!~
  • Options
    Is it electric? Because that will HURT!!!!!
    imageimage
    m/c '08 DS born 8-13-09 2 m/c in '11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    So, I actually wonder about that. For the first two months, I exclusively pumped, and it takes about 2-3 weeks for your nips to toughen up. I wonder if women who started pumping 2 weeks before would be able to "toughen up" their nips.

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

• Options

imagedamabo80:
    So, I actually wonder about that. For the first two months, I exclusively pumped, and it takes about 2-3 weeks for your nips to toughen up. I wonder if women who started pumping 2 weeks before would be able to "toughen up" their nips.

Gin, I say go for it, and report back to us on whether this works!  lol 

TTC since January 2010
    BFP 5/9/10. U/S - no heartbeat 6/2/10 (7 weeks). Induced miscarriage 6/7/10.
    Chemical pregnancies 12/2/10, 1/3/11, and 2/7/11.
    dx: RPL due to poor quality uterine lining; begin progesterone January 2011
    BFP 3/10/11. EDD 11/19/11. E arrived 11/15/11!

Loss Blog | Life Blog

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    No, I don't think that is wierd.  I have been thinking about taking mine out of the box and see how the thing works!  I rather read directions on how to use it now than later.
    BFP 1: 08Aug10, EDD: 14Apr11, D&E 11Sep10 BFP 2: 29Jan11, EDD: 12Oct11, DS born 07Oct11!!! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Well, yes. But we love you anyway. :)

BFP #1 5/2010 - Missed m/c at 8 weeks
    BFP #2 2/2011
    Baby G welcomed with love and relief 10/2011
    Surprise BFP 1/8/2013...say what? Baby A arrived 9/2013

Motherhood is not for wimps

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Gin, get it out and check the fit of the breast shield/flange thingy.  The medela pump flange that came with the pump in style did NOT fit me correctly and it caused some painful issues at a time when I couldn't stop pumping.  You'll want to know if it doesn't fit correctly before you HAVE to pump. 
  • Options
    imageanonomity:

imagedamabo80:

Haha, well now I'm scared that it will hurt! I don't want to try it but I do want to see if the shields and all fit. It comes with medium, and considering my areolas now encompass like 50% of each boob I might need the XXL size instead Surprise How's that for TMI? 

• Options
    imageitsmegin:
    imageanonomity:

imagedamabo80:

Haha, well now I'm scared that it will hurt! I don't want to try it but I do want to see if the shields and all fit. It comes with medium, and considering my areolas now encompass like 50% of each boob I might need the XXL size instead Surprise How's that for TMI? 

Pumping didn't hurt for me. I tried out my pump before I had DS and was fine. It does feel different when you actually have milk though.
  • Options

I say don't do it!  Pretty soon, you will be tied to having the baby on the breast or the pump.  Let the girls enjoy their last days of freedom.

P.S. I am saying this as a woman who pumped/nursed for 11 1/2 months- it gets old very quickly! 

Pg#1- Benjamin born 2/22/10
    Pg#2 BFP 11/2010... chemical pregnancy late 11/2010
    Pg#3 BFP 02/2011...missed m/c 3/2011
    Pg#4 Adalynne born 5/12/12
    Pg#5 BFP 12/2012....chemical pregnancy 1/2012
    Pg#6 BFP 11/14/12....chemical pregnancy 11/2012
    Pg#7 BFP 2/3/14... loss after a heartbeat and D&C 3/2014
    Pg#8 BFP 9/1/15...waiting to see!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"