Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Those with 2-3wk LO's......

A few questions for you.... 1). How long does your LO nap for during the day? And approx how many naps?2). Do you have a regular bed time routine? What is it and what time does it start,3). In between naps what do you do with LO during their wake time?My DD is 2.5 wks old and I don't feel like we have any routine. She doesn't have a normal wake time, nap time or bedtime. Her naps are all over the place and Ive noticed she has more short catnaps and snacks more during the day rather than having a few long naps with full meals. Any other LO doing this? Is this something I should try to change now so it does not turn into a bad habit?Any advice to get DD on more of a routine?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Those with 2-3wk LO's......

• 1-usually during the day Lil Man's naps are 2-3 hrs. He is up for about  30 min - an hour in between naps. At each awake time we do something different read, sing, tummy time, bath time, ect...

2- he wakes up around 7pm. we feed him, read, then take a bath, then nurse for bout ten min and lay him down he is out about 9 pm.

If you are going to work soon then i would slowly try to start a routine you can start slow. i started my LO by waking him up when i wanted him up until his sleep got on a track  i wanted. i also started to do the same things during his awake times like first morning when he wakes up we read the nex time we do tummy time. good luck. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hadley didn't have a schedule at all, I think at that age you'll just wear yourself out trying to get one, I personally just think you should let them call the shots and roll with it. Hadley slept a TON during the first month (still sleeps most of the day), she would let me know when she was hungry (fussy and eating her hands) and she would go to sleep while eating, and nap and bedtime routine at that age wasn't anything much either...
  • Loading the player...
  • She is way too young to expect her to stick to a schedule. Mine is almost 3 months and I let her call the shots until bedtime. Overtime (I'm told) LO will gradually start a pattern and you can work a schedule around that but it takes alot of flexibilty.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My LO is 3 wks old and she only has a feeding schedule which is feed me when I am hungry (demand feeding.) She will bite at her hand or wail and let me know when she wants to eat.  She sleeps a lot both during the day and at night when she isn't fussy.  Lately she is gassy and cannot sleep well.  I hope a pattern develops soon and she eats and sleeps with a regular routine.  Good Luck to you both.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • 1) During the day it just depends. I think she has colic, so getting her to sleep during the day is difficult until today. (I bought colic tablets that seem to help a lot). She has napped off an on, probably a total of 4 hours.

2) Even at (almost) 3 weeks, we have somewhat of a bedtime routine and it's working great. We base it around her feeding schedule though. It's normally around 8:30pm that we start. We bathe, diaper/pajamas/bedtime lotion, TURN OFF THE LIGHTS (make her realize the difference between daytime/nighttime), and then it's about time for her to eat, so we get the bottle, she eats, then we rock for a few minutes and I put her in her crib. She goes right to sleep. She has been sleeping anywhere from 6-9 hours at night. I can't believe it. Maybe that's why she doesnt like to nap during the day! lol.

3) In between naps we cuddle (that's important to me), I sing to her, read (yes, I know it's early), and we try to do just a little bit of tummy time. It's hard to entertain a 3 week old.

Only advice I would have is to try your best to teach her the difference between daytime and nighttime. My LO caught on quick. When she wakes up in the morning, I make sure the lights are on, blinds are open, etc. I get her dressed, then continue on with feeding. Naps aren't really in a routine.. but she normally gets sleepy around the same time each day, so we just play it by ear. At night, like I said above, we try to bath around the same time, pj's, lights out, bottle, rock, bed. We have a sound machine in her bedroom also and it really seems to have helped. Stick to the same routine each day.. repitition is key.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageDaisy166:
    A few questions for you....

1). How long does your LO nap for during the day? She sleeps about 5-6 hrs during the day (after 8 am and before 10 pm) And approx how many naps? about 7

2). Do you have a regular bed time routine? What is it and what time does it start?  I try to do a routine, but her feeding and nap times vary.  We usually try to start turning down the lights and sound around 9pm.  If it's a bath night (every other night) I usually bathe her around that time.  Then put her in jammies, lotion, swaddle.  Then we go into the bedroom where I have an overstuffed chair, nurse her, rock her a little to make sure she's out, and then put her in her RNP.

3). In between naps what do you do with LO during their wake time?  Sometimes we let her hang out in her swing if she wakes up and is content in there.  Other times we hold her and talk to her or do tummy time.  There's not much time to do much else.  She usually sleeps for 1.5-2 hrs at a time and then she's hungry and a lot of the time falls asleep while nursing.

My DD is 2.5 wks old and I don't feel like we have any routine. She doesn't have a normal wake time, nap time or bedtime. Her naps are all over the place and Ive noticed she has more short catnaps and snacks more during the day rather than having a few long naps with full meals. Any other LO doing this?  Yep--IMO, too young to have a routine.  Is this something I should try to change now so it does not turn into a bad habit?  I think our LO's will make their own routine as they get a little older, but I think for now it is too young to expect LO's to adapt to any sort of routine/schedule.  Any advice to get DD on more of a routine?

• Stella is two weeks old today. We really don't have a routine. She sleeps and eats whenever she likes. Luckly she is a happy baby and has only been waking up once or twice a night to eat.

She's so young I can't imagine trying to get her onto a routine yet. Once she starts learning more about the world, then I'll try to get her into more of a pattern. Right now, I'm following going along with whatever she wants.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"