3rd Trimester

Embarrasing false alarm!

So im due in 3 days. Wow that is so soon, even thou not all babies arrive on their EDD but still i made it this far! So yesterday i thought my waters were leaking, i had a gush of fluid down my leg followed by a ton of mucus plug (tmi) i know..  So i for sure thought something was up. We went to the hospital and had to wait 5.5hrs for a doctor to come to check me. Wow that was a long, long wait! My doctor works on call with 4 other doctors so we had to wait for one of the other doctors to come and she was at her practice, then was paged for a delivery. Next time we are using a midewife! It's rather annoying to learn that your doctor will likely not be at your birth and i will get some random doc. But anyways they wanted to make sure since i have group b strep. Any of you have it too? But turned out i guess i peed my self! How embarrassing! The good news on the other hand babys head is engaged now and my cervix is soft. Now the waiting game, both doctors keep saying ill see you this weekend. I sure hope so. It will be disappointing if it doesn't happen soon.

My husband keeps saying pop that baby out already, i want to see her! He is very excited to be a dad. First baby for us!

enjoy every moment Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Embarrasing false alarm!

• LOL!

Oh man, I hope I don't do that, hahaa. Good luck! You're almost there!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Aw Poor thing!  I hope your LO one comes very soon :0)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Good luck!  You're so close!
  • Can't believe they made you wait that long!!! They should be embarassed, not you doll! Hope your LO arrives this weekend - healthy and happy.  Best wishes!
  • That's pretty funny! lol Good luck!!

The problem isn't the fact that you are using an OB it's the practice you're using. My doctor is by himself in his practice and I've NEVER had any problems. He's always there immediately and even calls you back on his personal cell if needed. Sorry about your luck with him. MWs are awesome to though.. But, there's a bad egg in every basket no matter what ya choose =P 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker    
  • LOL!! I had a dream last night that I woke up in a puddle on my bed and made my husband take me to the hospital and they told me my water hadn't broken, I must have just wet the bed.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't get why the nurses wouldn't check for amiotic fluid while you were waiting! There is a test they run to tell if it's that or urine. When my water broke w/ DS, I wasn't sure and that was the first thing they did in the hospital and doctor was not part of that.
  • I had a false alarm with baby #2...I thought my water was leaking and even the nurse said I was really "glisteny down there" so she thought the same thing...turns out it was just crotch sweat, oops! 
    Lauren...Wife to Jason, mother to Henry (4), Wesley (2), and baby George! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"