Trying to Get Pregnant

Implantation Bleeding or Period??

I did my first round of IUI this cycle with Clomid & a trigger shot.  I am on cycle day 31 right now.  Yesterday (cycle day 30, 13 dpo) when I wiped in the morning there was a small amount of brown discharge. I thought AF was coming so I put in a tampon.  When I took it out there was only a small amount of the same brown discharge on it.  Nothing since then.  I had cramping yesterday & the two days before that.  No cramping today.  Is it possible that this was implantation bleeding even though it was so many days past ovulation??  I took a pregnancy test this morning & it was negative.  All of my previous cycles on Clomid have been either 31 or 32 days.  I have never had this small amount of discharge before.  Usually it starts in the a.m. And continues on with a heavy flow all day.  The dr.'s office won't let me come in for a blood test & said to just keep waiting for my period but I am going nuts!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Implantation Bleeding or Period??

• 13 dpo is a little late for implantation bleeding. If you're 14dpiui and testing negative, I hate to say it but the HPT is probably right and you're experiencing some pre-period spotting. I've never taken Clomid (my RE prescribes Femara) but I've heard it can lengthen your LP.

FWIW, my RE won't do a beta either unless I get a + HPT so their protocol isn't unusual. GL hon. 

TTC 12/2009
    Me: 32 - Stage II Endo / DH: 36 - Low count and morphology (1%)
    IUIs 1-3 BFN, lap Dec. 2010, IUIs 4-6 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 - ER 2/8: 24R 19M 9F ET 2/13 2-5 day blasts (no frosties) = BFP - b/g twins!
    E & C Born 10/19/2012
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I've learned that while TTC, nothing is "normal" or "usual" anymore. I normally have 1 day of brown spotting and get AF the next morning. I had that same brown spotting that you said you have (only when I wiped) for 3 1/2 days. I looked it up online and read that implantation bleeding can last 3-4 days. I was convinced that I was pregnant but I got heavy AF today. 

Hoping it's different for you, just wanted to let you know my experience with spotting. 

imageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"