Attachment Parenting

lurker w/ question about side caring crib

My LO has been sleeping in the bassinet portion of the PnP in our room but he's rapidly approaching the weight limit of 15lbs. We occasionally bed share but we decided to move the crib into the side car position in our room.

We have a king sized bed but it's a taller than normal mattress, not a pillow top though, so there is a slight height difference, about 2 in, between the mattresses of the crib and our bed. Also the legs of the crib are slightly curved which leaves a tiny, maybe 1/4 in, gap between the two mattresses. Our bed is on a simple metal frame.

Would either of those issues be a safety concern for you? I'm thinking about if he were to roll into where the mattresses meet and somehow get stuck and suffocate? FWIW he doesn't roll yet so wherever I put him now he stays. If so, do you have any suggestions to make things safer?

imageimage

Re: lurker w/ question about side caring crib

• I would find some way to safely lift the crib to the same height as the bed, than slide the mattress towards your bed until there is no gap. 

the video on this page is helpful

https://www.drmomma.org/2010/01/turn-your-crib-into-cosleeper.html 

Little Rose is 2 1/2.
  • We have our crib sidecarred as well. I would definitely correct those two problems. As far as the two mattresses being different heights, you could maybe layer some towels/blankets under the crib mattreses to raise it up higher. For the gap between the mattreses, I've seen someone use a pool noodle shoved between the crib and the crib matress, forcing the mattress to come up closer to your bed. You would want to put the sheet around anything like this so that it's under the sheet. I don't know if any of these explanations are making sense. :-/ I might have a saved link of a blog that had pictures of all of this. I've got to leave right now but when I get back, I'll look for it and post it here if I can find it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    I just want to give you a world as beautiful as you are to me.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the link and tips - I'll be fixing both issues!

imageimage
  • The link rosiemomma gave you with the video is probably all you need, but here's the link I promised ya. :)https://www.freewebs.com/sidecarcrib/

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    I just want to give you a world as beautiful as you are to me.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"