Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Who else hates naptime??

We are currently working on taking all naps in the crib, and I am hating naptime...I dread it!  For every 45 minute nap I feel like I spend 20 minutes going in, shhh'ing, patting, and replacing the pacifier.  LO also can't sleep without being swaddled so it's about a 30 minute process for a 45 minute nap...

Anyone else hating the napping process?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Who else hates naptime??

• You're lucky to get 45 minutes. My (almost) 3 week old won't sleep during the day, but will sleep for 7-9 hours straight at night. Someone lied when they said all babies eat, poop, and sleep... haha. I'd love for her to take a tiny nap.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I can spend 45 minutes trying to get him to nap and not have any success at all. I have pretty much just given up at this point.
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh jeeze, ok well then I guess count my blessings.  I read in a book not to give up, so we just keep going back and starting the process all over again.  I figure once I take him out of his room, I am reinforcing that one day crying will get you out of naptime (I know he's too young to make that association now).  No picking up, I learned to teach them that where they are is where they'll stay.  That has helped a lot.  He only gets picked up and rocked if he's upset -- otherwise shh, pat, pacifier, peace out :c) LOL

• Wow, I must be lucky.  When I know my LO is tired I swaddle her up and put her in the swing or RnP and she naps.   Right now we aren't putting LO in the crib for nap time, she's just in the living room.  Hope that doesn't come back to bite me. I love nap time b/c it gives me the opportunity to get stuff done around the house.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageSnow1010:
    Wow, I must be lucky.  When I know my LO is tired I swaddle her up and put her in the swing or RnP and she naps.   Right now we aren't putting LO in the crib for nap time, she's just in the living room.  Hope that doesn't come back to bite me. I love nap time b/c it gives me the opportunity to get stuff done around the house.

We were doing the same thing, putting him in the newborn napper or in the swing, but I didn't want a bad habit to form -- so we're working on the crib and putting him down drowsy but awake.  I was too worried I was creating a crutch with the swing/newborn napper since they have a very different feel from the crib.  Everything in time though.

• Ugh!! I'm HATING nap time lately as well. My daughter has always been a good sleeper.  She's slept in her crib for naps and night time from day 1, so that is not a problem, but she is FIGHTING sleep soo badly this past week. I don't know what is going on, but she spits out the binky, cries, I replace, and we repeat until she finally keeps it and starts to fall asleep. Then gets her arms and legs going and is fussing again. She is tired, but just wont give in to a nap! :/  I hope it's just a short phase and we go back to taking good naps!!
    Merry Christmas image image Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"