Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Anyone else turning into a paranoid nutball?

So I had a dream last night that someone broke into our house and stole DS. I dreamed that I heard them come in through the window and rushed in just in time to see them run away with DS, but there was nothing I could do.

My neighbors have a house on their property that they offer up to whatever criminal relation of theirs happens to be in need. The last tenant died of a drug overdose three days before her sixteen year-old daughter gave birth to a little boy. Meaning that we have new neighbors now.

The female half of the couple who moved in seems to have made a full-time occupation of sitting on her porch and smoking cigarettes while wearing a red tube top. I totally side-eyed them and felt a little bit of dread at letting them seeing that we had an infant. What if they steal my baby!

WTF is wrong with me? Nobody's going to steal my kid. Why have I turned into a paranoid nutball?

Also, how much longer can I sit here rocking DS in the k'tan before I totally break down and try to go to the bathroom with him attached to me, which will wake him up and make everyone very sad?

Also, where in the heck do you even buy a tube top? The 1978 store?

Re: Anyone else turning into a paranoid nutball?

• I had a friend who got suuuuper paranoid after having her DD that someone was going to kidnap her.  Now generally this friend is a bit high strung, but she wasn't joking.  When her DH traveled for work- which was often- she'd lock she & her DD in their master suite every night. 

Postpartum hormones can be a b!tch!  

• LOL.

I'm probably the least paranoid person on the Bump but LOs room has a ground level picture window. Fun to look out but when I put her to bed at night it seems so big and scary like someone will be able to see in and snatch right out the window. It gives me the heebie-jeebies.

It's not like it's a valid concern. A) Most of the time that only happens on Lifetime. B) I live in BFE. Even the mailman needs directions to my house. There's no one looking in.

• Loading the player...
  • Ha! Glad I'm not the only one with new mommie paranoia!

Although mine manifests itself in more subtle ways... my MIL comments every time she comes over on how "easy" LO is. He never cries unless he wants something, naps during the day, etc. So what does my crazy new mommie brain do? "Oh my god, something's wrong with him, he's not fussy enough!"  The nurse at the pediatrician's office at his 2 wk appt commented on how well he's trying to hold his head up already (I had him against my chest). Crazy new mommie brain: "He must have some weird neurological disorder causing increased muscle tone. Why else would he be trying to hold his head up so early?"

Eeeeek! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm one of the least paranoid bumpies as well. And I live out in the middle of nowhere where I'm more likely to encounter a bobcat or coyote than a kidnapper or murderer. But, still I found myself laying in bed last night thinking, if I get killed no one will know for quite some time (my DH is out in the field right now and I don't have any friends/family close enough to "check in" on me). And my biggest worry was not that I'd be killed, but what would happen to poor DD all alone and screaming in her crib for who knows how many days. And just a few days prior to that I couldn't sleep because I kept thinking I'd forget how to do CPR if DD needed it, I actually had to get out of bed, find my paperwork from the class, shove all our fun magnets aside and post it on my fridge.

Seriously, thoughts like these never happened before I had my baby. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I am paranoid about germs now when I go out, even by myself. I turn the corner on the aisle and there is an employee with a kleenex up to her nose.

I am not paranoid about this, but I had a really whacked out dream about LO last night. She was kidnapped along with another girl and this creepy guy was going to videotape them - CSI SVU weirdness. Nothing ever happened, but there was a dead cow and pig at one point all tied up on platters. I was there but helpless. I had my cell phone but he was blocking everything. A random guy came by and I tried to get him to call the cops discretely. I later looked outside and men in button up shirts were weeding the garden, which seemed odd, so I was hoping that was the cops.

DS 7/6/09
    DD 9/4/11
    EDD 9/1/15
  • imageLadyVi33:

Ha! Glad I'm not the only one with new mommie paranoia!

Although mine manifests itself in more subtle ways... my MIL comments every time she comes over on how "easy" LO is. He never cries unless he wants something, naps during the day, etc. So what does my crazy new mommie brain do? "Oh my god, something's wrong with him, he's not fussy enough!"  The nurse at the pediatrician's office at his 2 wk appt commented on how well he's trying to hold his head up already (I had him against my chest). Crazy new mommie brain: "He must have some weird neurological disorder causing increased muscle tone. Why else would he be trying to hold his head up so early?"

LOL!

Also, I love your siggy pic because your LO looks like he's looking at us and thinking "you women are ridiculous."

Eeeeek! 

• Thanks, I took that pic this morning :) Clearly, he's not as paranoid as I am! I was just going to tell you that I love your new siggie pic as well! Those eyes :)

Glad I'm not the only one who's totally crazy. I have one friend I call who has 2 older kids and has been through it. She can talk me off the ledge! The sad thing is, DH and I are two of the most laid back people I know, but I've turned into this crazy hyper-paranoid mom. Let's hope some of it passes!

You're not alone ;) 

• I'm not usually paranoid but I had a really disturbing dream last night that our building burned down and I couldn't find DS! We were running around hysterically trying to find him until we caught him trying to jump out the window. WTF? That really freaked me out!
  • I'm totally not paranoid at all, but know people who are... I think I just have too much faith that everything is okay and normal. Although I did dream the other night that my dh was chasing me and Hadley through the house with a gun... Oh My... !! (Should mention he is going to the firing range at the police academy this week, so I'm hoping that is the only reason I dreamed such!)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"