December 2011 Moms
Options

WWYD?

Last week I had an episode of cramping and spotting/blood when I used the restroom.  I called the Dr. office and they said to take it easy/stay hydrated and call in the morning.   I didn't have any more spotting so they didn't have me come in the next day.

Fast forward to this week and I was still having a heavy feeling in my lower abdomen and having to pee all the time.  Then add in some pretty bad back pain and nausea and I called to make an appointment because I thought I had a UTI.

I went in on Wed. and the Dr. said that I have blood in my urine and prescribed me Macrobid for a UTI and said he was going to send in my urine sample to make sure it hadn't gone to my kidneys.  He said to start the Macrobid and make sure to call back if I wasn't feeling better in 48 hrs.

I am still feeling pretty crummy, last night and today I have been having nausea and a headache and just feel tired and blah today.  I called and the answering service said the office is closed until Monday.

So now I'm not sure what to do.  Everything I've been feeling (nausea, tired, frequent urination, back pain) can be normal 3rd tri symptoms, but he also said to make sure I call if I wasn't feeling better and I don't want to mess around with a kidney infection if that's what it is.  

What would you ladies do? 

Re: WWYD?

• Options
    Call. I've had a kidney infection before from a UTI, and it went from being not a big deal to almost landing me in the hospital in the course of 48 hours. Better safe than sorry. Feel better! 
    BFP#1=12/24/10 missed m/c @ 9w2d BFP#2=4/13/11 EDD 12/24/11 (coming full circle!)
    Ella born 12/21/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I would totally call...kidney infections SUCK!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

well I called and they said the Dr. isn't in until Monday and that he's only on call for emergencies.  So they didn't page him.  

• Options
    imageDaisyKD:

well I called and they said the Dr. isn't in until Monday and that he's only on call for emergencies.  So they didn't page him.  

Call back and ask to be seen by another doctor in the practice.  You can also tell them that he prescribed you meds for a UTI and was told if you weren't feeling better that you should call back.  You're not feeling better so you're calling back.  Tell them you're worried about the UTI turning into a kidney infection.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    imageQmommy:
    imageDaisyKD:

Call back and ask to be seen by another doctor in the practice.  You can also tell them that he prescribed you meds for a UTI and was told if you weren't feeling better that you should call back.  You're not feeling better so you're calling back.  Tell them you're worried about the UTI turning into a kidney infection.

The whole office is closed until Monday-there are only two Dr. in the practice so he would have to be paged on call.

I think I'm just going to wait until Monday and in the mean time if I start having worsening symptoms I'll go to urgent care or call OB triage.

Ugh normally I wouldn't be worried but I just don't want this to get out of control and affect the baby. 

• Options
    Yes, I'd go to urgent care to get checked out, especially if it worsens.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"