September 2011 Moms
Options

I'm a September Mamma, Yay!

I've been lurking on this board for a while and have yet to make a post.  My due date was September 27th, but I always assumed I'd be late and end up with an October baby.  Surprise, surprise, I gave birth to my beautiful baby boy the day before my due date! 

Here's a his birth story:

Sept. 26, 2:00am - I started leaking fluid and having contractions, approx. 12 min. apart.  I fell asleep, then contractions stopped.  But when I awoke later that morning, I was still leaking fluid.

10:00am - I headed off to the hospital with DH & Mom.  I went to check in to labor & delivery, but was sent to my OB's office to verify that I needed to be submitted.  My OB was unable to see me, so a nurse met with me just as I experienced a huge gush of fluid.  She gave me a Depends diaper and sent me back to labor & delivery.

11:30am - I went to the exam room.  Nurse verified that my water was ruptured and I was dialated 4cm, so I was off to the delivery room.

2:00pm - Started an IV with Pitocin. 

4:30pm - I was 80% effaced and the baby's head was dropping.  I had been handling the pain pretty well with slow breathing and relaxing into the contractions. But they had gotten pretty intense at 2 min. apart. I was ready for an epidural. 

7:00pm - My nurse was ending her shift, so the new nurse came in to see how I was progressing. Everyone was amazed that I had dialated completely and that baby's head was ready to pop out!  The room was prepped for delivery and my Dr. arrived.  After a 1/2 hour of pushing, my baby boy made his grand entrance into the world at 7:56pm.

I'm shocked by how fast everything went and how relatively easy labor and delivery was for me.  I so in love with my little man, Elias Severino.  I hope to post some pictures soon.  Congratulations to all you fellow September mammas! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I'm a September Mamma, Yay!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"