October 2011 Moms

BabyChrisA is here - PIP

Lucas Christopher was born at 9:29 AM on Wednesday, September 28, 2011 via scheduled c-section.  

We arrived at the hospital at 7:00 AM and were in the OR at 9:00.  I had some problems with dropping blood pressure due to the medications (an issue I've always had), but the doctors and nurses were made aware ahead of time and each time it happened they were ready with medication that would counteract it.  Surgery started by about 9:25 or so and baby was out just minutes later (surgery was delayed a bit again because of my dropping BP).  It was simply amazing to hear him cry... he squeaked like a mouse at first, and then once suctioned he WAILED :)  It was like an angel singing.  Dr said that Lucas pooped on him and the nurses got a baptism of pee when he was handed off to them :)  That't my boy!

He latched quickly in recovery and BFing has gone well, but he's now cluster feeding which is a little painful.  I'm on the schedule to meet with the lactation consultant this afternoon, and if all goes well, we'll likely be discharged tonight around 7 or 8 PM.  

He has reddish/brown hair (similar to mine) and gorgeous skin, and the biggest hands and feet I've ever seen on a newborn.  I know that isn't saying much for me, I haven't seen THAT many newborns, but the doctors and nurses keep mentioning it too :)  

Married September 2005 - TEAM PINK x2 this time around :)

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: BabyChrisA is here - PIP

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"