November 2011 Moms
Options

dropped, dilated, and effaced!

Went to my 35 week appt today.  Boy, was it exciting to be tested for group B strep!  North Carolina state law also requires to be tested again for gonorrhea and chlamydia- a total of twice, and then syphillis 3 times total during pregnancy.  I think that's a little bit of overkill.  

Doctor said baby has dropped and is -2 head down in position, 50% effaced, and 1cm dilated already.  She said she thinks it's alright currently, and still expects me to deliver full term.  I'm kinda nervous especially since we are still waiting for our crib to be delivered. 

Re: dropped, dilated, and effaced!

• Options

Wow, that does seem excessive for the testing. I was pissed when I found out how much those labs cost, even with insurance. Is there any way you can refuse?

Same here with being dilated/effaced. I have already started having contractions and am taking procardia daily for another week. My dr said she thinks i might make it to 38 weeks. 

Be the change you want to see in the world. Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • Options
    Congrats! I have been on Brethine to stop contractions and have my 35 week appt with Strep test in 1 week. She wants me to at least make it to 35 weeks possibly 36 on this medicine before I come off!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

#2-BO 6/6/13 D/C     #3 natural m/c 8/6/13 

#4 EDD 5/19/14 It's a boy! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"