Babies on the Brain

Anxiety

I'm p!ssed that people feel like they are going to have to hide it now cause its a "fad". It *** sucks to have to live with and knowing that someone else understands and is ok with sharing, that helps me so much. Talking here about mine the other week made me get help (granted the help I got sucked but thats a different story). Unless you live you just don't get, so STFU and be glad you don't know what its like to be afraid all the fvcking time.
                                       Http://Alwaysannaleigh.WordPress.com

Re: Anxiety

• I won't be afraid to post about it just because of some twit. Now that I know others on here are dealing with it, I don't feel ashamed.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • I won't be afraid  to post.
    Formerly **eco**4k posts down the sh*tter Chart
  • Loading the player...
  • I think that was a bullshiit thing to say (not you, OP, but the one who said it was a fad).  I've dealt with it since childhood and only as an adult have I realized that. It's hard enough to acknowledge and admit that without some idiot making it even more difficult.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I'm not going to be afraid to post, but I could understand why people would be afraid.

I think that was incredibly douchey of sugarfingers (or whatever her name is). She's obviously not dealt with anything like that. Personally, I think she can go fvck herself and her fad mentality.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • image+diana82+:
    I think that was a bullshiit thing to say (not you, OP, but the one who said it was a fad).  I've dealt with it since childhood and only as an adult have I realized that. It's hard enough to acknowledge and admit that without some idiot making it even more difficult.

My panic attacks started when I was 10. The hardest thing for me right now is always feeling like I failed to controll it. I know that is not the case and I can not control it but try telling me that. Knowing that the ladies here go through it and they are getting help and talking about it, its a good thing. It helps

____________________________________________________________________________
                          My sweet Rylee girl 8-13-2007 and my sweet Emmett man 4-13-2010
                               Annaleigh Willow Elise born and passed at 26 weeks 1 day
                                      Thursday October 17th 2013 from trisomy 13

• That chick is a moron.  I hope her uneducated opinions don't discourage anyone from talking about their problems.
    Batman likes to watch cartoons on the weekends. Whatever.

"I'll gladly take cold sores over eye herpes" -ElieFin
    "Unicorn glitter gives me UTIs." -Leila'sMommy
  • imageDC2London:

image+diana82+:
    I think that was a bullshiit thing to say (not you, OP, but the one who said it was a fad).  I've dealt with it since childhood and only as an adult have I realized that. It's hard enough to acknowledge and admit that without some idiot making it even more difficult.

Yes and yes.  Mine is deeeeeeply rooted in my upbringing (in several ways) and not wanting to talk about my effed up childhood made me not want to talk about my anxiety, but once I started talking through it I realized how bad it was.  

Allll of this.
  • poof

• ::joins the "not afraid to post about my anxiety/depression" brigade::

In my humble opinion, it's incredibly important to talk about this stuff. The more we talk about it the more other people who are suffering will see that it's okay to be open about it and hopefully will be more likely to seek help. It wasn't until I was able to talk freely about my anxiety and depression with my husband and a few close friends that I realized how bad it was and went to get help, which was one of the hardest, but best things I've done in a long time. It's not a sign of weakness and it's not something you need to hide. It's real and it sucks and it's not your fault and it's okay to need help.

• imageDrBeepersWife:

I just read Leslie's post.  It is upsetting that people feel like they can't post. 

I always feel 'crazy' when I talk about mine mainly because it is so morbid.  After Adelyn was born I constantly lived in fear that she was going to die.   SIDS was my biggest fear and I would go to sleep crying every night praying to God she would be alive when I woke up.  Once, I woke up before her ran to her bed and swear for a second she was gone. 

After she hit about 6 months the SIDS part was better, but I still constantly  see her in a coffin.  Gawd, I can't believe I actually typed that out.  I might be deleting it later.)  I hate it and after this one is born I am going to ask my obgyn for better meds than just xanax.  DH, just doesn't get it.

I have fears like this about pregnancy.  Everyone nods sagely and tells me it's normal, but I can see how it's starting to affect things.  My OB said she wants me off any meds in first tri, and would prefer me to see a pysch for prescription.  I don't have time.

But reading what you wrote and nodding along and thinking of all the franticness of the past few days . . . I think I need to make time.  I don't think this is just normal for post-loss mother.

Gabriel Ross - August 24, 2009 * Vivienne Rose - May 1, 2012

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My Blog

• imageeasjer05:
    imageDrBeepersWife:

I just read Leslie's post.  It is upsetting that people feel like they can't post. 

I have fears like this about pregnancy.  Everyone nods sagely and tells me it's normal, but I can see how it's starting to affect things.  My OB said she wants me off any meds in first tri, and would prefer me to see a pysch for prescription.  I don't have time.

But reading what you wrote and nodding along and thinking of all the franticness of the past few days . . . I think I need to make time.  I don't think this is just normal for post-loss mother.

I hear you Eas.  It is hard to make time, but I hope you can try to fit it in ASAP for relief.  I am trying to hold out until delivery but thats the 'denial' part of me that knows I should say something now. 

• Hi Ladies... I read that post in FFFC this morning and I didn't say anything because...well...it's supposed to be flame free or whatever.    I did go back and read a lot of you all posting on getting help and being afraid to admit you have a problem, etc.  This is my advice to you:

1) Get help.  It won't go away on it's own.  medication helps and you don't have to be on it forever, usually.   Sometimes, you'll need to try several different meds to find the right one for you and it takes several weeks for them to kick in.  Don't give up. 

2)There is no shame in anxiety/depression. 

3) A panic attack is not physically harmful.  <--the panic attacks are the scariest thing for me but keeping this in mind helps me during them.   It is basically just a release of cortisol that triggers your fight or flight response (and your mind is telling you run away!)

4) Formal therapy or a church recovery program can help tremendously.  Celebrate Recovery is a faith based recovery program that is free to join if you don't have mental health coverage.   There are also psychiatrists that specifically handle depression/anxiety in pregnant women. 

It really hurt my heart to see that post this morning.  I used to stare at my zoloft and cry because I felt like I was weak.  I believe if more people talked about it, it wouldn't have such a stigma.   When you put a face on something, it suddenly becomes less taboo and more open to "acceptance"   And, ultimately, the fear of shame is what keeps people from seeking help.  

If you ladies ever need any advice or just someone to vent to, please PM me.  (Just be sure to let me know...I have no clue how to figure out on my own when I get a pm)

• imageDrBeepersWife:

I always feel 'crazy' when I talk about mine mainly because it is so morbid.  After Adelyn was born I constantly lived in fear that she was going to die.   SIDS was my biggest fear and I would go to sleep crying every night praying to God she would be alive when I woke up.  Once, I woke up before her ran to her bed and swear for a second she was gone. 

After she hit about 6 months the SIDS part was better, but I still constantly  see her in a coffin.  Gawd, I can't believe I actually typed that out.  I might be deleting it later.)  I hate it and after this one is born I am going to ask my obgyn for better meds than just xanax.  DH, just doesn't get it.

I had the same fear with r to this day sometimes when I close my eyes I can still see here funeral. Most of my thoughts include the kids being killed in front of my eyes. Its the worst.

____________________________________________________________________________
                          My sweet Rylee girl 8-13-2007 and my sweet Emmett man 4-13-2010
                               Annaleigh Willow Elise born and passed at 26 weeks 1 day
                                      Thursday October 17th 2013 from trisomy 13

• imageDrBeepersWife:

I hear you Eas.  It is hard to make time, but I hope you can try to fit it in ASAP for relief.  I am trying to hold out until delivery but thats the 'denial' part of me that knows I should say something now. 

I just feel absurd, because of course I'm anxious.  So many things have gone wrong for me in the past.  And I should just suck it up, because nothing is going to change.  Things are ok in there or they aren't.  And I've already lived through the worst thing and I know I can live through it again if I have to, so why can't I just relax and let it all go?  I know none of it is in my hands at this point.  But I can't seem to stop myself, there is no off-switch.

The last two nights I've had vivid dreams about preterm births.  It's not fun.

I know I need to be on meds before delivery.  My risk for PPD is exceptionally high.  If we can mitigate that by starting meds in advance, that is to everyone's benefit.

I just keep thinking if work weren't so bad... but the anxiety with work is making everything ten times worse and my stress levels are just sky high at this point.

Gabriel Ross - August 24, 2009 * Vivienne Rose - May 1, 2012

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My Blog

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"