Trying to Get Pregnant

fertilityfriend.com Q:

First of all, thank you everone who sent me to fertilityfriend.com! I set up an account.. but my question to you is..

Do I have to take my temp inorder for it to work??

Re: fertilityfriend.com Q:

• Yes, with a BBT.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yep. It sounds like more work than it really is.

I get up at 5 during the week, so as soon as my alarm goes off I just grab the BBT (laying right on my nightstand) and pop it in my mouth. I get to snooze while temping for a few more minutes (an excuse to be lazy in getting up!) My BBT will store the temperature, so I can choose to record it later. Usually I'll just open the Fertility Friend app I have on my phone, and input it (which takes less than 30 seconds). On the weekends, I set my alarm for 5 am too, and temp when the alarm goes off. Then I shut off the alarm, roll back over and go to sleep and deal with the recording when I wake up for real. It's even less disruptive to my sleep than getting up to pee. In fact, sometimes I have fallen back asleep with the BBT in my mouth!

The benefits from taking a couple of minutes to do this make it super worth it! And once you've started doing it, chances are you'll find it doesn't even feel like work (especially since the chart app does all the calculating for you).

Mama's Clone - 07/18/12

• Loading the player...
  • No.  I haven't temped in a year and a half and it still keeps track of my cycles.  I just enter the meds, cm and opk results.

• imagepmarie33:
    No.  I haven't temped in a year and a half and it still keeps track of my cycles.  I just enter the meds, cm and opk results.

OP -- keep in mind that the downside to doing it this way is that you will not be able to confirm whether or not you ovulated (you have to temp in order to confirm O). Your CM and OPK results may have pointed to ovulation, but they only tell you ovulation may happen. Sometimes you gear up to O, and then for some reason your body delays it and you don't actually O for days or even weeks later. If you go by just CM and OPKs, you might erroneously think your AF is "late" (and thus you're KU) when really your O was late, and you missed your fertile window all together.

Mama's Clone - 07/18/12

• FWIW, I feel like temping is the easiest part of charting compared to checking CM and doing OPKs...but that's just me :)
  • What is CM and OPK's?
  • imagejesssy1204:
    What is CM and OPK's?

see FF

• imagejesssy1204:
    What is CM and OPK's?

Hmm 

BFP # 2 9/25/14
    Official Due Date 5/29/15 & HB 143 on 10/13; 11/25 Harmony Results perfect & it's a Girl!

Pregnancy Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickersimage

Off BCP 5/2009
    TTC since July 2010
    DH's SA = Normal!
    Hysteroscopy 2/2011
    50mg Clomid / Progesterone 77.5 April 2011 = BFN
    25mg Clomid / Progesterone 53 May 2011= BFN
    25mg Clomid / Progesterone 44.3 June 2011= BFN
    5mg Femara / Progesterone 15.7 July 2011= BFN
    5mg Femara / Progesterone 14 August 2011= BFN
    5mg Femara + Crinone / Progesterone 32 September 2011=BFN
    5mg Femara + Crinone / Progesterone 14.9 October 2011=BFN
    First RE Appointment 11/2011
    Hysteroscopy 11/2011 & on Med break
    12/2011 Diagnosed with PCOS (Insulin Resistant)
    12/2011 Adding 1000 MG Metformin per day
    12/14/11 BFP
    Beta #1 664 Beta #2 3330 Beta #3 6160 Beta #4 19546
    Official Due Date 8/18/12 & HB 147 on 1/3; HB 171on  1/19
    Pre-term labor @ 29W bed-rest till Emergency C-Section

IT'S A GIRL

• imagedani2480:

Yep. It sounds like more work than it really is.

I get up at 5 during the week, so as soon as my alarm goes off I just grab the BBT (laying right on my nightstand) and pop it in my mouth. I get to snooze while temping for a few more minutes (an excuse to be lazy in getting up!) My BBT will store the temperature, so I can choose to record it later. Usually I'll just open the Fertility Friend app I have on my phone, and input it (which takes less than 30 seconds). On the weekends, I set my alarm for 5 am too, and temp when the alarm goes off. Then I shut off the alarm, roll back over and go to sleep and deal with the recording when I wake up for real. It's even less disruptive to my sleep than getting up to pee. In fact, sometimes I have fallen back asleep with the BBT in my mouth!

The benefits from taking a couple of minutes to do this make it super worth it! And once you've started doing it, chances are you'll find it doesn't even feel like work (especially since the chart app does all the calculating for you).

Yes This!

My Ovulation Chart

TTC #1 since March 2010

DH - SA = Low Morphology. Great overall count.

August 2012: HSG - All Clear

September 2012: Timed Intercourse 100 mg Clomid CD 4-8 w/ Repronex & HCG Injections = BFN

October 2012: Timed Intercourse 100 mg Clomid CD 4-8 = BFN

September 2013: New Doctor: 50 mg Clomid CD 5-9 & IUI #1 = BFN

October 2013: 50 mg Clomid CD 3-7 & IUI #2 = BFN 

November 2013 to ??? = On a mental break for now.

• imagekate212:
    FWIW, I feel like temping is the easiest part of charting compared to checking CM and doing OPKs...but that's just me :)

Exactly!  Temping is super easy! 

• imagejesssy1204:
    What is CM and OPK's?

CM= cervical mucus

OPK= Ovulation predictor kit 

I do these and temp which combined gives you the best chance of pinpointing O.

If you don't do these or temp, FF is going to be completely useless, IMO. 

• imagejessuhmarie:

imagejesssy1204:
    What is CM and OPK's?

You don't want to temp and you don't know what OPKs or CM is? What are you doing with your chart?

Its not that I dont want to chart, I just was wondering because I put in my last period info and the monthly cal. had all this info on it.. I didnt know if it was a must. And no, I dont know what OPK or CM is. Today is my first day of looking into all of this, Im sure I will figure it out.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"