October 2011 Moms
Options

C-section scheduled next thursday!

The little guy wont drop, he is estimated in 95th percentile for weight and has been since week 21, all measurements are above 90, and supposedly I have inadequate pelvic bones.

However, I'll take the scheduled c-section over labor and then probably an emergency c-section where I may have to be put under. I like having a plan! But I am still terrified.

Any advice? :)

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: C-section scheduled next thursday!

• Options
    I've had 2 c/s's and this will be my third.  My advise would be just to try to relax.  You will feel pressure with no pain and with my 2nd I felt like I was not breathing bc the numbness went up so high.  I just tried to relax myself and payed attention to air going in and out of my nose and mouth and I was fine.  I just discussed with DH that I don't remember the time from the baby coming out til the end being so long bc we were holding and watching the baby.  The beginning goes by slow bc of anticipation but the last half goes by fast.  Good luck! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Expecting Baby #3! Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageamethyst13:
    I've had 2 c/s's and this will be my third.  My advise would be just to try to relax.  You will feel pressure with no pain and with my 2nd I felt like I was not breathing bc the numbness went up so high.  I just tried to relax myself and payed attention to air going in and out of my nose and mouth and I was fine.  I just discussed with DH that I don't remember the time from the baby coming out til the end being so long bc we were holding and watching the baby.  The beginning goes by slow bc of anticipation but the last half goes by fast.  Good luck! 

This helps me a little too.  I am having some anxiety over my scheduled c/s on Monday. 

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I don't have any advice since this is my first baby (and I'm planning for a vaginal birth) but you might check out the C-Section board. I'm sure the ladies over there have lots of advice to share. Good luck and congrats on having an arrival date for your LO! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagemissyleaferg:

imageamethyst13:

This helps me a little too.  I am having some anxiety over my scheduled c/s on Monday. 

I'm so glad to give some peace of mind.  I honestly wouldn't trade a c/s for a vag birth.  I enjoy staying in the hospital longer too.  The first day or so is the hardest with pain.  Try not to use the pain meds past the 2nd day.  Just stick with the motrin and you'll heal a lot faster.  Don't over do it.  The more you let yourself heal the easier you'll have recovering.  DH slept in the hospital with me every night because I was told if he wasn't there baby couldn't stay in the room with me in case anything happened.  I couldn't get up fast enough.  I had great experiences both times and I'm confident it'll be the same this time too.  

(oh and fyi: it did take almost a week to have a bowel movement so don't be alarmed.  I was taking a stool softener every day from day 1 and finally went on the last day I was in the hospital which was day 5)  

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Expecting Baby #3! Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thank you so much for the encouraging words! It's so common to hear people give horror stories and make c-sections out to be so negative, It's good to hear a positive opinion. :)
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"