Pregnant after a Loss

I'm such a nerd (and maybe a little gross too)!!

Ok, so I've heard that OPKs can be used to detect pregnancy, and since I have a bunch of leftover OPKs I thought I would give it a try this morning (sort of a science experiment). As luck would have it, I could not pee! It was the littlest dribble and barely anything got on the stick, so I.....and this may be the gross part....dunked it in the toilet water just so that I could eject the stick and not have that really annoying error message on my digi. Anyway, the damn thing turned positive!! After all that, there was this little happy face staring up at me! I'm taking it as a good sign that there's enough HCG in there to make it positive even after being so diluted....DH thinks I'm nuts :P

Re: I'm such a nerd (and maybe a little gross too)!!

• haha!  Thanks for the smile and giggle!  :)
    Anniversary Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

~Started TTC 2/09. BFP #1 11/09. EDD 8/7/10. DS born 8/7/10.~
    ~Surprise BFP #2 5/11 while still BF'ing. Natural M/C @ 7w3d.~
    ~BFP #3 8/11. EDD 4/24/12. Heavy bleeding episodes from a lost twin. DD born 4/14/12.~
    ~Started TTC 2/13. BFP #4 3/13. EDD 11/8/13. Hoping for smooth sailing!~
  • haha, too funny.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • That's funny!  But what makes an OPK positive is not HCG, though.  And, I got false positive OPKs 3 times before.  I got positive on a stick, but with ultrasound my doctor said my eggs weren't getting released.  They say it's 99% accurate or something, but hmmm...
    m/c - Dec 2005, DS - March 27, 2007, m/c - Oct 2009, DD - Feb 20, 2012

Proud mother of two breech babies:)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagetreble_clef:
    That's funny!  But what makes an OPK positive is not HCG, though.

What makes the OPKs positive is something called Luteinizing hormone (LH), and it's like a cousin to HCG on a molecular level. Which is why you can pick up HCG on an OPK when there's enough of it. See, I told you I'm a nerd :)

• After reading this I went to the bathroom and put a wondfo OPK in the toilet after I peed...TOTES positive! I mean REALLY positive! Haha! So funny.
    Me: 39 DH: 35 - TTC #1 since October 2010
    BFP #1 2-1-11 Missed Miscarriage 3-14-11(9 wks)-D&C
    BFP #2 9-17-11 EDD 5-29-12
    Edward James born 3-14-12 weighing 1lb11oz at 29w1d via c section due to low fluid and growth restriction from crappy placenta.
    My BFP Chart
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers <a href="http://s1088.photobucket.com/albums/i339/sbphotos1/?action=view
  • imageliesam:

imagetreble_clef:
    That's funny!  But what makes an OPK positive is not HCG, though.

What makes the OPKs positive is something called Luteinizing hormone (LH), and it's like a cousin to HCG on a molecular level. Which is why you can pick up HCG on an OPK when there's enough of it. See, I told you I'm a nerd :)

Really?  That's interesting...  But my urine and blood tests were normal, yet I still got false positives...  

m/c - Dec 2005, DS - March 27, 2007, m/c - Oct 2009, DD - Feb 20, 2012

Proud mother of two breech babies:)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Awsomesauce :)
    image Photobucket
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP #1 1/20/2011 - ectopic: D&C and methotrexate at 6 wks
    BFP #2 4/23/2011 - EDD 1/7/2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"