Pregnant after a Loss

So many pictures!! Weight loss question...

So I am guessing this is a thing?? haha

I got into work...logged on and BAM...post after post of super cute pictures ^_^ You all look AMAZING!! Each one put a smile on my face.

Part of me is a bit sad that I dont feel like I will get to take cute bump pictures since I already have a belly on me. I wonder how much my body will change.

I have actually been losing weight like crazy since this all started. I am eating normally and not going hungry and not sick...so I am just losing losing.

Did any of you lose weight in your pregnancy??

Re: So many pictures!! Weight loss question...

• I'm right where you are, but am hoping that belly and I will be able to keep this pregnancy a secret for a little while longer.

I've lost weight since I got pregnant, about 8lbs so far.  The doctors aren't concerned, because I'm pretty large to begin with.  It's not totally uncommon for us bigger ladies to lose, since our metabolism is working a bit faster now that we're pregnant.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagephancykat:
    I lost weight a lot of weight last pg, but I'm only down 1 lb. this time. I'm counting on my belly to conceal for me too. After the cluster f--- at the hospital last time, there are certain relatives I'm not telling I'm pg until after I bring baby home. If they ask at Christmas, I'm just going to act really offended and ask them if they're pregnant...they're all big too.

Awesome!

My "excuse" is that I'm slacking on the Weight Watchers.

• Loading the player...
  • imagephancykat:
    I lost weight a lot of weight last pg, but I'm only down 1 lb. this time. I'm counting on my belly to conceal for me too. After the cluster f--- at the hospital last time, there are certain relatives I'm not telling I'm pg until after I bring baby home. If they ask at Christmas, I'm just going to act really offended and ask them if they're pregnant...they're all big too.

Can I be a bit rude and ask you how much you lost?? I started out at 250 (size 18) and now I am 241 this morning (18s from old navy still fitting) ...

Its just weird to feel like I am losing weight when most ladies are gaining! I dont know if/when to worry.

• imagenicolelorraine80:

I'm right where you are, but am hoping that belly and I will be able to keep this pregnancy a secret for a little while longer.

I've lost weight since I got pregnant, about 8lbs so far.  The doctors aren't concerned, because I'm pretty large to begin with.  It's not totally uncommon for us bigger ladies to lose, since our metabolism is working a bit faster now that we're pregnant.

I am glad your doctors are not worried...that makes me feel better ^_^

• I too had a belly before pregnancy and never thought I'd get a baby bump. Was always worried I'd be the girl people would like at and say - Is she pregnant or just fat? I feel like I started to get a bump around 20w and has just gotten more pronounced. I truly hope when people see me they know its a baby in there! I am sure you'll have a gorgeous baby bump - but I understand your worry.

I lost about 8lbs before I started gaining. I didn't gain until 24w so I thought I was doing so good. But in the past 10+ weeks I have gained about 13lbs. So even if you lose weight in the beginning, it doesn't mean you'll keep it up the whole time!

• Yep.  I'm down 35+lbs.  It's not a concern for the Dr. since I had plenty to spare, and it actually makes me look less fat and more pregnant, so that's good!  I still don't have the big perfect round bump that I wish I could get, but it's something!  I lost 21 lbs. early on with DD too, but ended up 9 lbs. by delivery.  With her I didn't really look pg until the last month since she was all stretched out sideways until then.  I guess baby's position has more to do with how your bump looks than weight loss/gain since I've lost more but look more pg this time.  I really thought the weight loss with DD was from being so sick, but I've been much less sick this time and lost more.  Guess it's just hormonal!
  • I lost weight with both my pregnancies. 12lbs with my ds and almost 20 by 11 weeks with my loss. My dr. wasnt concerned as long as i was eating healthy. I also did not have morning sickness with either. I would still just double check with your dr.
  • I didn't lose any weight, but I also didn't gain any weight until 14 weeks (not normal for twins) because my thyroid was out of control. I've gained 26 pounds since which my OB is happy with, but my MFM thinks is too low (he wants me to gain between 35 and 50 pounds total and I have a max of 6 weeks left but it's looking like it will be less than that if Baby A's growth doesn't turn around).
    m/c 7/17/10
    Dx: MFI- 3% morph
    IUIs: Gonal-F + Ovidrel + b2b IUI= BFNs
    IVF with ICSI= BFP! EDD 11/25/11
    3/18- Beta #1 452! 3/20- Beta #2 1,026!! 3/27- First u/s- TWINS!
    Our twin boys arrived at 36w5d due to IUGR and a growth discordance

FET: Medicated FET moved up to 5/23 due to ovulation
    Transferred a 6BB hatched blastocyst- genetically normal female embryo
    BFP! 5/28- 5dp6dt      
    6/1 Beta #1- 223! 6/3 Beta #2- 567!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
  • Thank you everyone for your replies! Makes me feel a lot better.

I can not wait until my first appointment on the 7th...get so many things answered... and feel better about all thats happening with me. I mean..the waiting feels like chaos! haha

• My OB told me that I could follow Weight Watchers and that it was fine to lose weight during the first trimester.  I wasn't already on WW, so I didn't go by that.  I didn't have morning sickness and had very little motivation due to being tired.  I gained 3 pounds between my 7 week and 12 week appt.  That said, I don't think it was a gain of pure fat...extra blood and water/bloat contributed.
  • I've not lost but have only gained a pound. I still feel like people think I'm just fat- baby bump is def more pronounced by the end of the day- I guess bloat still plays a roll- I worry baby isn't growing enough because my bump isn't so good yet.I'm sure losing in the beginning is fine- baby is taking from you what it needs-
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"