Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Question for ladies who have experience missed m/c

I'm not sure what the etiquette is for this type of poll, but I just had a few questions. I am not trying to freak myself or anyone else out, I am just truly wondering about things and google is not much help. So I apologize in advance if this offends anyone or brings up rough feelings.

- Did you hear the hb before you lost your LO?

- Was there anything your dr. was concerned about at that first appointment that might indicate a miscarriage would occur? (ie low heartbeat, abnormal sac, etc?) 

-  Is there a "week" when most of the missed m/cs occur (I had heard from a friend, it was week 8 or 9), but I know it's probably all over the board.

- Did you have testing done on your LO? What were the results?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Question for ladies who have experience missed m/c

• Options
    imagetexasmeg1:

I'm not sure what the etiquette is for this type of poll, but I just had a few questions. I am not trying to freak myself or anyone else out, I am just truly wondering about things and google is not much help. So I apologize in advance if this offends anyone or brings up rough feelings.

- Did you hear the hb before you lost your LO? Yes, we had a perfect ultrasound 10 days prior

- Was there anything your dr. was concerned about at that first appointment that might indicate a miscarriage would occur? (ie low heartbeat, abnormal sac, etc?) Not at all

-  Is there a "week" when most of the missed m/cs occur (I had heard from a friend, it was week 8 or 9), but I know it's probably all over the board. I don't know, but both of mine happened at ~ 8 weeks.  My first one wasn't missed.  My second one was a missed m/c.  We saw the hb and perfect measurements at 6 weeks and then went back at 8 weeks for a "sigh of relief" check since that's when my prior m/c was and discovered no hb and stopped growth at 7w5d.

- Did you have testing done on your LO? What were the results? Yes on the first one (which wasn't missed) and there were no issues, likely poor implantation.  No on the second (the doc forgot to order the testing), but likely genetic.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Goblin Gallup 5k 10/30/11 - 36:46
    Turkey Trot 5k 11/24/11 - 35:14
    Festival of Lights 5k 12/31/11 - 33:13
    Love the Run You're With 5k 2/13/12 - 31:58
    Backyard Burn 5 miler 3/11/12 - 1:08:42
    Cherry Blossom 10 Miler 4/1/12 - 1:58:22
    Wine Country HF 6/2/12 - TBD
    Spartan Race 8/25/12 - TBD
  • Options

My first appointment with my OB was supposed to be to go over some basic fertility testing.  Obviously we were pregnant, so that just turned into my first appointment.  I was 5 weeks.  I saw a gestational sac and yolk sac.  No heartbeat as it was too early.

No concerns from OB.  Again, it was super early.  Normally she wouldn't have seen me till 10 weeks, but since I had the appointment already, she saw me.

Next appointment was 9 weeks.  Saw a baby measuring exactly 9 weeks with no heartbeat.  Must have stopped sometime the night before or that morning.

Had a D&C.  No testing on LO.  I forgot to ask and she didn't take it upon herself to have it done since it can cost insurance a lot and she didn't want to make that decision for me.

Me: 39 DH: 35 - TTC #1 since October 2010
    BFP #1 2-1-11 Missed Miscarriage 3-14-11(9 wks)-D&C
    BFP #2 9-17-11 EDD 5-29-12
    Edward James born 3-14-12 weighing 1lb11oz at 29w1d via c section due to low fluid and growth restriction from crappy placenta.
    My BFP Chart
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers <a href="http://s1088.photobucket.com/albums/i339/sbphotos1/?action=view
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagetexasmeg1:

- Did you hear the hb before you lost your LO? yes, we saw (never heard) the HB at 7w2d and 8w4d

- Was there anything your dr. was concerned about at that first appointment that might indicate a miscarriage would occur? (ie low heartbeat, abnormal sac, etc?) no

-  Is there a "week" when most of the missed m/cs occur (I had heard from a friend, it was week 8 or 9), but I know it's probably all over the board.  I have no idea, but my baby did stop growing somewhere around 8 wks, we found out the heart had stopped at our NT Scan at 11w2d

- Did you have testing done on your LO? What were the results? No testing, they chalked it up to chromosonal defect and me just being in the 20-25% who experiences a m/c.

BFP#1 11.2.10 | EDD 7.9.11 | HB 7w2d & 8w4d | missed M/C 11w2d | D&E 12.21.10
    FSH at 14.5 - 4.21.11 | CCCT - (CD3 8.8,CD10 12.2)| dx w/ DOR @ 28 yrs old
    IUI#1 + clomid 8.29.11 (our anniversary)
    BFP#2 9.10.11 | EDD 5.21.12 | beta 1 @ 14dpi:232 | beta 2 @17dpi:703 | beta 3 @24dpi:7,174
    Baby A HB of 142(7w), 161(8w), 164(9w) | Baby B no HB, Vanishing Twin
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We did hear a HB before our missed m/c and we had no reason to be concerned that it wouldn't work out. The heart stopped around 9w but we didn't discover it until 14w and we had no testing done to see why it happened.

Step away from Dr Google - you won't find help there. It will just make you crazy. We're always happy to answer questions and give support. Our specific experiences will be different but we all have a common end result and a common bond to help us thru pgal.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
  • Options

- Did you hear the hb before you lost your LO? - no, found out at my first OB appointment

- Was there anything your dr. was concerned about at that first appointment that might indicate a miscarriage would occur? (ie low heartbeat, abnormal sac, etc?) - everything seemed normal, no bleeding/spotting or cramping. 

-  Is there a "week" when most of the missed m/cs occur (I had heard from a friend, it was week 8 or 9), but I know it's probably all over the board. My baby measured 6w1d.

- Did you have testing done on your LO? What were the results? Just the pathology which showed a possible molar pregnancy.

• Options
    imagetexasmeg1:

- Did you hear the hb before you lost your LO? Yes had an ultrasound with a 160 hb at 8w5d

- Was there anything your dr. was concerned about at that first appointment that might indicate a miscarriage would occur? (ie low heartbeat, abnormal sac, etc?) Nope. The baby was measuring at 8w2d but no concern because sometimes dates are off.

-  Is there a "week" when most of the missed m/cs occur (I had heard from a friend, it was week 8 or 9), but I know it's probably all over the board.

- Did you have testing done on your LO? What were the results? Nope, it was my first m/c and I dont think the doc does any testing until I have had 3. My doc said it was most likely a chromosomal abnormality but left it at that.

I hope you arent asking about this because you are afraid of one... I hope these answers dont freak you out. Im almost 16wks now and everything is good. Its sometimes hard to believe that there can be happy endings.

Missed m/c at 11.5wks, baby stopped developing at 9wks, D & C 12/10 ; BFP 6/11 EDD 3/16/11, DS born 40w1d at 6lbs 12 oz. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

-never heard the HB before the 'bad' first ultrasound, which was at 9 weeks. Baby stopped growing right at 6 weeks. My body had no clue baby had been gone 3 weeks at that point.

-no other ultrasounds before the bad one, but during my 'confirmation' appointment the week prior my HPT was positive and my cervix 'felt pregnant' according to my OB. 

-Not sure if there is a certain week--since my baby stopped growing at 6 weeks it seems like a lot of other missed m/c's I hear about are at that critical time, too.

-no, didn't do any testing. Very long and horrible miscarriage that didn't allow true testing by the time I got to the D&C. 

Another blogger! My Life in Transition.

Married 05.27.07
    BFP#1 - 07.07.09 | EDD 03.14.10 | Truman Anthony born @38w 03.01.10
    BFP#2 - 03.24.11 | EDD 11.29.11 | missed MC found @9w 04.26.11 | D&C @16w 06.13.11
    BFP#3 - 09.17.11 | EDD 05.29.12 | It's a girl!!!
    My BFP Chart
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
    **my labor buddy is Sweepie412**

• Options
    imagetexasmeg1:

- Did you hear the hb before you lost your LO? Yes, we heard it at 9 weeks (first appt).

- Was there anything your dr. was concerned about at that first appointment that might indicate a miscarriage would occur? (ie low heartbeat, abnormal sac, etc?)  There were no indications that anything was wrong.  Strong HB (185), baby was moving around.

-  Is there a "week" when most of the missed m/cs occur (I had heard from a friend, it was week 8 or 9), but I know it's probably all over the board. I had lost my LO at 11w but didn't find out until my 13 week appt.

- Did you have testing done on your LO? What were the results? Yes, they just said it was chromosomal abnormalities.

Photobucket
    DD#1 9-4-04 *** DD#2 10-15-07
    BFP#3 10-25-10 *EDD 7/1/11 * missed m/c @ 13w3d
    BFP#4 7-30-11 *EDD 4/8/12 ~ DD#3 born 4/4/12
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagetexasmeg1:

- Did you hear the hb before you lost your LO? Yes, we saw the hb at 7 weeks and again at 9w5d. 

- Was there anything your dr. was concerned about at that first appointment that might indicate a miscarriage would occur? (ie low heartbeat, abnormal sac, etc?) The baby's hb was a little fast at 9w5d but the OB mentioned it in passing and didn't seem at all worried about it.  Baby was measuring exactly on track. 

-  Is there a "week" when most of the missed m/cs occur (I had heard from a friend, it was week 8 or 9), but I know it's probably all over the board. Baby stopped growing at 10w4d. 

- Did you have testing done on your LO? What were the results? We did not have any testing done since it was our first loss. 

Married my best friend 6/28/08
    DD born 4/3/10 BFP 4/9/11 missed mc @10w4d- forever loved
    BFP 8/21/11 EDD 4/29/12
    imageimageimage Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagetexasmeg1:

- Did you hear the hb before you lost your LO? No.

- Was there anything your dr. was concerned about at that first appointment that might indicate a miscarriage would occur? (ie low heartbeat, abnormal sac, etc?)  No.

I started bleeding at 7w5d which spawned the ultrasound that showed a non-viable baby. 

No, without a loss history, there was nothing done.  After my second m/c I had testing done on DH and I, but never on any tissue. 

• Options
    imagetexasmeg1:

- Did you hear the hb before you lost your LO? Yes, heard the heartbeat at 7 weeks.

- Was there anything your dr. was concerned about at that first appointment that might indicate a miscarriage would occur? (ie low heartbeat, abnormal sac, etc?) Days were off, and later found out there was some membrane bleeding (still not sure what that means)

-  Is there a "week" when most of the missed m/cs occur (I had heard from a friend, it was week 8 or 9), but I know it's probably all over the board. We found out at the 10 week appt., but the baby measured at 8.5 weeks.

- Did you have testing done on your LO? What were the results? No testing.

BabyName Ticker imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    Thanks for all of your responses... and I'm so sorry for all of you who had a loss like this. I really just wanted to understand it more... so thanks!
  • Options

- Did you hear the hb before you lost your LO?  No.  I found out about the mmc at my first u/s at 8 weeks.  Development had stopped at 5w6d.

- Was there anything your dr. was concerned about at that first appointment that might indicate a miscarriage would occur? (ie low heartbeat, abnormal sac, etc?)   No spotting or anything from the pelvic exam.  Since we didn't have an u/s yet, there wasn't really anything that would have clued the doc in.

-  Is there a "week" when most of the missed m/cs occur (I had heard from a friend, it was week 8 or 9), but I know it's probably all over the board.  I don't know the answer.  Development stopped for me at 5w6d, but I didn't actually miscarry until 9w1d.

- Did you have testing done on your LO? What were the results? My OB won't do pathology on the first m/c if it's early, because they assume it was a chromosomal issue. 

• Options

- Did you hear the hb before you lost your LO? - No we didn't hear it, but I saw it at 7 weeks. In hindsight I didn't think it was high enough (only in the 120's when with this pregnancy it was in the 180's that early on)

- Was there anything your dr. was concerned about at that first appointment that might indicate a miscarriage would occur? (ie low heartbeat, abnormal sac, etc?) - nope nothing at all, at leasy I wasn't told

- Is there a "week" when most of the missed m/cs occur (I had heard from a friend, it was week 8 or 9), but I know it's probably all over the board.  - mine happened at 9 weeks, but I didn't find out until 11.5 weeks

- Did you have testing done on your LO? What were the results?  - nope, I did a natural m/c, and my doc advised against collecting what came out so I wasn't traumatized. I totally agree. If I ever m/c again I think I would opt for a D/C instead of waiting for things to take care of themselves naturally so tests can be run.

Lilypie - (5HR9)

• Options

I saw the heartbeat at my 8 week appt, and then at my 12 week appt we discovered to the baby's heart stopped at 10w 6d.

There were no concerns from my Dr, she just told me that there was a 25% chance of m/c until out of the 1st Tri.

BFP #2 7/20/11 ** EDD: 3/28/12: IT'S A BOY!
    BFP #1 12/30/10 ** EDD: 9/6/11** H/B stopped at 10w 6d conf on 2/22/11 ** D&C 2/24/11.
    Congrats to my Labor Buddy LoriJ11, baby Elise born 2/24/12
  • Options
    imagetexasmeg1:

- Did you hear the hb before you lost your LO?  No, but I had not been to the Dr. yet.  I started bleeding at around 9w and my first appointment was not schedule until 10w.  To this day I still wonder if the heart ever started beating or not.  I will never know.

- Was there anything your dr. was concerned about at that first appointment that might indicate a miscarriage would occur? (ie low heartbeat, abnormal sac, etc?)   No, but see #1.  I hadn't been yet.

-  Is there a "week" when most of the missed m/cs occur (I had heard from a friend, it was week 8 or 9), but I know it's probably all over the board.  I have no idea.  I m/c in my 10th week, but the baby had stopped growing around 6w.

- Did you have testing done on your LO? What were the results?  No.  I was told it was not necessary for a first lost.  My RE did put me on aspirin as a precaution though when we started to TTC again.

• Options

I did not hear the h/b before my missed miscarriage.  The first sign that something was wrong was not being able to find a h/b on the doppler at my first appt at 12 weeks.  My OB said my uterus felt about the right size for being 10-12 weeks pregnant.  

My situation is a little different because I don't know exactly when growth stopped.  I believe I had an empty sac at my u/s, but they did not let me see the images, so I'm going by a peek that DH got and the fact that they couldn't tell me anything conclusive, only that I didn't appear to be as far along as I thought.  I found out at my D&C that they believe growth stopped somewhere between 5-8 weeks.  If my empty sac wasn't a blighted ovum, I guess the embryo was just reabsorbed in the 4+ weeks from when it stopped growing to when we realized it.

We had no testing done.

BFP#1 11-26-10 MMC 1-13-11
    BFP#2 6-8-11 Eleanor Beatrice born 2-15-12
    BFP#3 9-4-13 Benjamin Lee born 4-28-14

• Options
    imagetexasmeg1:

- Did you hear the hb before you lost your LO?  No.  My instincts were telling me something was wrong- so I begged for an ultrasound at 9 1/2 weeks.

- Was there anything your dr. was concerned about at that first appointment that might indicate a miscarriage would occur? (ie low heartbeat, abnormal sac, etc?)  I didn't know anything until I went for the ultrasound- my family doctor thought I was being overly paranoid- NOT.

-  Is there a "week" when most of the missed m/cs occur (I had heard from a friend, it was week 8 or 9), but I know it's probably all over the board.  I am pretty sure it is all over the board.  My baby died at 6 1/2 weeks. 

- Did you have testing done on your LO? What were the results?  I kind of wish that I had of now, but I opted for the misoprostal pills instead. 

• Options
    I had not heard the heartbeat because my first appt. wasn't until 9w6d and the baby stopped growing at 7w6d. I think a lot happen during the 7th week or at least that's how my dr. made it seem. We did not have any testing done. I had no idea anything was wrong but now looking back I guess my symptoms had lessened.
  • Options

As it was my first pregnancy and I had no prior history of loss, we didn't even have a visit other than the confirmation one.  My baby stopped growing in the 6th week, and the OB said that because there is so much rapid growth, this is when babies often stop developing.  The gestational sac itself kept growing through the 10th week, which is why my body didn't recognize the baby stopped growing.  In week 9 my symptoms disappeared and by the end of the week I started bleeding.  THis is when we went in for an ultrasound to discover the baby had died much earlier.

We weren't offered testing as it was our first loss.

BFP#1 EDD 11/8/11 - MC @ 9w6d, 4/15/11 we said goodbye
    BFP#2 DD arrived 5/7/12
  • Options
    We heard and saw the HB three times, at weeks 6, 7 and 8. I was going to a fertility center. There was never any indication anything was wrong. I was still nauseous and throwing up until my d&c.

I have no idea, but our baby stopped growing at 9w1d. We didn't find out until a week later. Some people say the chance of m/c goes down after seeing the HB, but I have also heard the HB doesn't mean anything until 10 weeks.

I had a D&C and we did opt for genetic testing on the tissue. We found out our daughter had Turner's syndrome, which is 46X instead of 46XX. Some of the cells did show XX which either means mosaic Turner's or that they were my cells and not the baby's. This is a random genetic abnormality, not something we passed on.
    dx: PCOS
    Clomid + Met = BFP#1 12/27/10, missed MC discovered 2/9/11, d&c 2/11/11, 10w3d
    Natural cycle (just Met) = BFP#2 6/3/11, Baby A arrived 2/16/12
    <a href="http://s1091.photobucket.com/albums/i390/tlneff0108/?action=view
  • Options

- Did you hear the hb before you lost your LO? - No, I went in for my 10w appointment and baby had passed approx 7w5d

Was there anything your dr. was concerned about at that first appointment that might indicate a miscarriage would occur? (ie low heartbeat, abnormal sac, etc?) - We found out at first appt that baby had passed. No abnormal symptoms, etc.

Is there a "week" when most of the missed m/cs occur (I had heard from a friend, it was week 8 or 9), but I know it's probably all over the board. - I don't know of a most common week for missed m/c, however the highest percentage of m/c do occur before week 12.

Did you have testing done on your LO? What were the results? No testing done as my Dr. only offers it after 3 losses. I have had 1 missed m/c and 2 chemical pregnancies. The missed m/c was technically #2 in line...

• Options
    imagetexasmeg1:

Yes, twice. At 6 weeks and then a few weeks later.

- Was there anything your dr. was concerned about at that first appointment that might indicate a miscarriage would occur? (ie low heartbeat, abnormal sac, etc?) 

No. I bled a lot but they thought that it was due to my over-sensitive cervix. There was no indication of a problem.

We found out in week 13. He'd died just a couple of days before.

Our son had Trisomy 18. We had the 'tissue' tested. They also did genetic counseling with us afterward and genetic tests to see if we carried anything (we don't).

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    BFP#1 - 8/27/10 - D&C 10/27/10 @ 13 weeks to Trisomy 18
    Missing our Angel Baby Gabriel
    BFP#2 - 3/18/11 - CP 3/19/11 BFP#3 - 4/27/11 - Due 1/9/12
  • Options

I went in at ten weeks for my first appt, and the doctor saw something wrong in the physical exam and gave me a U/S, at which point he discovered that I had a sac, but no baby in it (blighted ovum).  I had no indication prior to this that anything was wrong, except that my pregnancy symptoms had gone away at about week 10 (which can also happen in a healthy term pregnancy).  Because I have a tilted ute, I was unwilling to have a D&C right away, I wanted to see if the baby was just slow or hiding in the back of my uterus.  But a week later, I started cramping and bleeding like crazy (CRAZY) so I went in for a D&C, which was really only a "C" because I was already effectively in labor and had dilated.  

They tested the specimen (which I saw - the doctor knew I was a biologist and asked if I wanted to see what came out, which I did), and there was nothing to worry about, just a chromosomal mishap.  The report said that the baby/sac stopped developing at about 6 weeks, but my body didn't do anything about it until week 11.  

• Options
    imagetexasmeg1:

No. We went in for our first appointment at 9 weeks, and found out that the baby did not have a heartbeat and had stopped growing some time before.  

We found out during week 9, but baby had probably stopped growing between 7-8 weeks.  

No, since it was our first loss, although I really wish we could've. 

BFP#1=12/24/10 missed m/c @ 9w2d BFP#2=4/13/11 EDD 12/24/11 (coming full circle!)
    Ella born 12/21/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

- Did you hear the hb before you lost your LO? No, we found out at 8w that LO had stopped growing at 6w3d.

- Was there anything your dr. was concerned about at that first appointment that might indicate a miscarriage would occur? (ie low heartbeat, abnormal sac, etc?) Nope, first appt. was when we found out.

-  Is there a "week" when most of the missed m/cs occur (I had heard from a friend, it was week 8 or 9), but I know it's probably all over the board. I don't know.

- Did you have testing done on your LO? What were the results? No, since it was my first m/c, neither doctor nor I found it necessary. We would have done testing if we'd had a second m/c.

• Options

- Did you hear the hb before you lost your LO?  Yes, we saw the hb at the 8w ultrasound

- Was there anything your dr. was concerned about at that first appointment that might indicate a miscarriage would occur? (ie low heartbeat, abnormal sac, etc?)   Yes - very slow heartbeat, and the baby was measuring 2 weeks behind.

-  Is there a "week" when most of the missed m/cs occur (I had heard from a friend, it was week 8 or 9), but I know it's probably all over the board.  I saw the hb at 8w, and at 9w there was nothing.

- Did you have testing done on your LO? What were the results?  No

Due 12/20/11 ~ Lost our Muskrat at 9w2d
    4/25/12 ~ Our angel, Persephone James, is here!

• Options

- Did you hear the hb before you lost your LO? Not for either

Yes, I was supposed to be ~8 weeks and was only measuring 5. There was not a hb either time.

- Is there a "week" when most of the missed m/cs occur (I had heard from a friend, it was week 8 or 9), but I know it's probably all over the board.

They can happen anytime, I don't know that their is a common week or not

I don't think we did with the first but everything was normal for the 2nd.

TTC Since Oct 08 BFP #1- 1/23/09, missed m/c 2/26/09 BFP #2- 9/8/09, natural m/c 9/16/09 BFP #3- 4/13/10, missed m/c 5/26/10 BFP #4- 4/6/11 beta#1 at 12dpo-133 prog-55.7, beta#2 at 16dpo- 861 DD born 12/8/2011 BFP#5- 11/23/12 EDD 7/25/13 Dx- Uterine septum (removed Aug 2010), endo, MTHFR C677t hetero, Factor II hetero, Low Protein S Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

did not hear HB before my loss b/c i was only 8w4d when i had my loss.

The only thing i noticed was that my betas were never that high but did increase w/ each draw.

never heard of a specific time when most occur.

in my case there was no LO, it was a blighted ovum so no results. 

hope all is ok.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 8.15.07 NATHAN 6.13.09 - 6.14.09 WYATT born 32w3d Gone too soon, RIP. 4.21.10 BFP - missed m/c - D&C on 5.27.10. 1.31.11 BFP - 1st cycle IUI + Follistim + Trigger (2 mature follies)Beta 1 @ 13dpiui: 199 Beta 2 @ 15dpiui: 527 10.7.11 ELIANA(Ellie)ROSE (39w3d)Team Green turned Team Pink - VBAC & ALL NATURAL 6lbs 11oz 19 &1/2in
  • Options
    imagetexasmeg1:

- Did you hear the hb before you lost your LO?  Saw, not hear, yes.

- Was there anything your dr. was concerned about at that first appointment that might indicate a miscarriage would occur? (ie low heartbeat, abnormal sac, etc?)  Yes, development was always behind, which is a BIG reason I feel good about my current pregnancy because baby has been ahead a day each time.

-  Is there a "week" when most of the missed m/cs occur (I had heard from a friend, it was week 8 or 9), but I know it's probably all over the board.  I lost the pregnancy officially at 9w1d... (just hit the milestone in this pregnancy yesterday), but baby never developed past 6w1d.

Yes.  It was normal chromosomal issues...

• Options
    - Did you hear the hb before you lost your LO?  No, we were at our first appointment on 8w3d and there was no hb.

- Was there anything your dr. was concerned about at that first appointment that might indicate a miscarriage would occur? (ie low heartbeat, abnormal sac, etc?) This was our first appointment and during the initial ultrasound on a portable machine, the OB said that the pregnancy looked at-risk and that the development was "not what she would expect for as how far as I was"  and we had to wait to use the better u/s machine to confirm.

-  Is there a "week" when most of the missed m/cs occur (I had heard from a friend, it was week 8 or 9), but I know it's probably all over the board.  If I didn't go to the OB that week, there is no telling how long it would have taken for my body to follow-through with the m/c.  I ended up have to have it induced with medication but the doctor told me I could go a couple/few more weeks before I bled on my own to expel the pregnancy.

- Did you have testing done on your LO? What were the results? We did not.  It was our first pregnancy and my OB did not feel there was any reason for testing.  She told us that unless we were to have three miscarriages, that she would not start to worry that something was awry.

• Options

Yes, both times at 6, 7 and 8 weeks. At 9 weeks, no more hb. 

1st m/c: No, everything looked textbook perfect.

2nd m/c: At 5w there was blood in the uterus and he said I would m/c. At 6w, 7w, 8w there was a hb. At 9w no hb and it had stopped at 8w4d. OB said the yolk sac looked misshapen, but this was the first I'd heard of that. 

Not sure but mine were at 8w4d and 9w1d. 

1st m/c: No chromosomal abnormality, so no answers.

2nd m/c: Unbalanced translocation. DH and I were tested and have normal karotypes, so this was a genetic fluke. 

DS 04.25.08 DS 03.14.12 missed m/c 9w1d :: 6.18.10 :: d&c | missed m/c 9w3d :: 11.2.10 :: d&c
  • Options

- Did you hear the hb before you lost your LO? Yes. That was probably the hardest thing to get over.  I kept saying and thinking to myself "There was a heart beat and now there's not."

- Was there anything your dr. was concerned about at that first appointment that might indicate a miscarriage would occur? (ie low heartbeat, abnormal sac, etc?)  I didn't know when I conceived.  I had my last period on 8/27/10 without meds; had to take progesterone in October to start my period; dx with PCOS in Dec; received progesterone shot to get my period and I didn't get it; BFP two weeks after prog shot.  So based off of LMP I was 8w, but the u/s showed a 5wish baby. After a week the baby developed as he should have and I graduated from the RE.  At my first OB appt around 9w the u/s showed the baby had stopped developing, probably right after my appt at 6w.  So, really, I have no idea if those first two u/s should have been concerning but didn't seem concerning b/c I had no idea when I conceived...OR everything was fine because I probably conceived after the prog shot.

-  Is there a "week" when most of the missed m/cs occur (I had heard from a friend, it was week 8 or 9), but I know it's probably all over the board. I learned of my missed m/c when I was 9w3d (ish), but the baby had stopped developing before then.

- Did you have testing done on your LO? What were the results? I did not ask for any tests, but my OB told me at my f/u that the tests came back "normal."  I think she may have said pathology tests came back normal.  I didn't clarify what that meant... Normal meaning my baby was normal?  Normal meaning what she expected to see?  Normal meaning what they see for the majority of m/c?  No idea.  It was my first pregnancy and loss.

image Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

Justin + Laura 10.18.08
    TTC #1 09.10/Dx PCOS 12.10/BFP #1 12.29.10/EDD 9.10.11/Missed m/c 2.3.11/D&C 2.15.11
    “Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.”-Kahlil Gibran
    Cycle #1 4.2.11 + Clomid = BFN/Cycle #2 5.9.11 + Clomid + Trigger Shot = TWINS! 
    Walter Allen and Eleanor Joan 1.15.12
    Another baby on the way! 8.25.14

• Options
    I've had six losses (actually seven, since this pregnancy began as twins), but I'll just comment on the two that were most closely monitored.
    - Did you hear the hb before you lost your LO? Yes, in both cases. We heard the hb at a couple of days past 6 weeks. - Was there anything your dr. was concerned about at that first appointment that might indicate a miscarriage would occur? (ie low heartbeat, abnormal sac, etc?) Both times, my RE claimed the heartbeat was "perfect" and the baby was "perfect," but in the first case, the baby was measuring 6 days behind (and I was fairly sure of my dates). Also, the heartbeats were only 103 and 111, which I knew were low (although my RE-at-the-time claimed they were fine). I've been studying those old u/s photos to see if there were other clues such as a too-large yolk sac (which can indicate a chromosome problem).-  Is there a "week" when most of the missed m/cs occur (I had heard from a friend, it was week 8 or 9), but I know it's probably all over the board. Mine were between 8 and 9 weeks, including one of my other m/c's which wasn't discovered until 12.5 weeks, but the baby was about 8 weeks in size.- Did you have testing done on your LO? What were the results? Yes, we had these two particular babies tested and they both had a fluke chromosome abnormality (one had Trisomy 16 and one had Turner Syndrome).
    Julia ~ six miscarriages ~ our sweet miracle baby, Jack, due 5/3/12, was born at 29w1d on February 17, 2012, weighing 2 pounds 8 ounces Lilypie Premature Baby tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Did you hear the hb before you lost your LO?  Saw, not heard.

- Was there anything your dr. was concerned about at that first appointment that might indicate a miscarriage would occur? (ie low heartbeat, abnormal sac, etc?)   Not that was indicated at my first appointment, but I knew my LP was short that cycle.

-  Is there a "week" when most of the missed m/cs occur (I had heard from a friend, it was week 8 or 9), but I know it's probably all over the board.  6w for me

- Did you have testing done on your LO? What were the results?  No

My Blog
    We love and miss you Jillian (18w) and Peanut (6w). Welcome to our TAC miracle Jacob!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"