Success after IF
Options

You'd think the loud 3 year old would keep him awake....

I am fully aware that newborns sleep a LOT but it is getting to the point that he is getting his days and nights mixed up.  Which is a pretty miserable situation when your husband goes to work at 6am and is not home til 7pm most nights, and the 3 year old big brother will not nap so mom can therefore not take a nap either.

To top it off the newborn is collicky so when he is awake he might be happy but it is also very likely he will not be happy.   Right now he sleeps til about 3am and is then up for the day and will take a 4 hour nap around 9am.

Any advice?  I'd like to sleep a little later than 3am....

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: You'd think the loud 3 year old would keep him awake....

• Options

Oh wow I am sorry that your day starts at 3am. So does he nurse at 3am and just not want to go back to sleep?  Ava used to wake up for a 3am bottle, but then go right back down til 6ish.   Can you maybe take a nap on the days that Fenton goes to preschool?  I know that doesn't help on the days he's home all day, but it's something (maybe?).   

I'm going to say something and you're probably going to want to hit me but here it goes:  

"This too shall pass"  One day (who knows when) Jasper will decide that 3am is not such a great time to wake up and will sleep til 5 or 6 am.    I know you are fantasizing about that day when he gives you a long stretch of sleep at night.   I remember those nights with Ava.   And now she sleeps pretty good (***frantically knocking wood**).  

Things will get better.  You will sleep again.   

• Options
    Yeah he pretty much wakes up eats and does not want to go back to sleep.  You are right it will get better!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"