Parenting after 35
Options

20 Questions

Because I'm bored, let's play a game, and if you want to get your post count up, this is the thread for you (robynlesley!) Stever, you missed your turn. Stick out tongue

What is your favorite ice cream (or dessert if you aren't an ice cream eater) that you won't share with your kids/dh?

Mine is Ben and Jerry's Half Baked

Re: 20 Questions

• Options

My favorite is Haagen Dazs's pistachio. at this point I don't feel threatened that Ian would eat my ice-cream, so I think I might share it with him, but..will tell you in a year or so:)  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Moose Tracks.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Blue Bunny Brand - Bunny Tracks... YUM!  Running to freezer now to see if we have any left.
    Married 5/12/07 Took 3 IUIs and 2 IVFs for our sweet boy He was worth the wait! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    mmmm, Moose Tracks. I have to hide the ice cream. Sharing with one isn't bad, but having several asking "Whatcha got?" and then splitting between them all sucks. I maybe get it twice a year. (I was thinking I do B&J twice a year, doesn't sound right in my warped mind!)
  • Options

I'll throw out a "here here" for Blue Bunny!  Everything they make is awesome!   I love Bunny Tracks, the Homemade Vanilla and Mint Chocolate Chip... for a start.

Is it bad that we plot our annual lake vacation so we can stop at the BB HQ in LeMars, IA and gorge on flavors they don't sell in the stores?

• Options
    imageBrideBuddies:

I'll throw out a "here here" for Blue Bunny!  Everything they make is awesome!   I love Bunny Tracks, the Homemade Vanilla and Mint Chocolate Chip... for a start.

Is it bad that we plot our annual lake vacation so we can stop at the BB HQ in LeMars, IA and gorge on flavors they don't sell in the stores?

A BB Headquarters????  Oh my....I would be doomed if I lived closer.   

Married 5/12/07 Took 3 IUIs and 2 IVFs for our sweet boy He was worth the wait! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imageleslieb923:
    imageBrideBuddies:

A BB Headquarters????  Oh my....I would be doomed if I lived closer.   

Clearly I need another road trip. This sounds like something else that never makes it north of 49. Just like going to Spokane on a Saturday just for Jack in the Box.

• Options

Ben & Jerry's used to have a Caramel Fudge flavor that I absolutely adored but haven't seen it in ages.

I also really like Pecan Praline but avoid that now since we all share now(Vanilla) and we're not introducing M to nuts till he's 3.

• Options

Caramel Fudge...Karamel Sutra maybe? I just looked at the Ben and Jerry's site...we're getting gipped on flavors.

• Options
    imagegimmietimmies:

Caramel Fudge...Karamel Sutra maybe? I just looked at the Ben and Jerry's site...we're getting gipped on flavors.

Don't think so. I'm pretty sure it was called Caramel Fudge Swirl, or something like that. It was just vanilla ice cream with swirls of gooey caramel and equally gooey fudge. It's where I got most of my food calories in college ;)
  • Options
    aw, nuts, that was supposed to be a drooling Homer Simpson. I remember that flavour then. It was so good!
  • Options

Leslie.. check out the menu!  It's awesome!

https://www.wellsenterprisesinc.com/Parlor-Museum/Menu.aspx

It's an old school, old fashioned ice cream parlor with a little museum upstairs and all kinds of BB memorabilia.    Very small town-y!

• Options

In the south we have a grocery store called Publix. They make a pumpkin pie icrecream this time of year. It has pieces of pie crust in it and its soooo good!!

When that is not around I love soft serve vanilla or cookies and cream. Really I love all icecream :)

Lillian April 17, 2012
  • Options
    imageBrideBuddies:

Leslie.. check out the menu!  It's awesome!

https://www.wellsenterprisesinc.com/Parlor-Museum/Menu.aspx

It's an old school, old fashioned ice cream parlor with a little museum upstairs and all kinds of BB memorabilia.    Very small town-y!

Evil woman. Now I want some! Spring road trip, methinks.

• Options

Shall I admit that I just did a "map quest" of how far it is from CT to Le Mars, Iowa (BB heaven)?  Well, if I leave now, I can be there in 22 hours and 21 minutes.  

(I think I should add some time in for bathroom breaks)  LOL

If I ever take a trip out that way, BB HQ is something I will definitely see! 

• Options
    imagekatieh1017:

In the south we have a grocery store called Publix. They make a pumpkin pie icrecream this time of year. It has pieces of pie crust in it and its soooo good!!

When that is not around I love soft serve vanilla or cookies and cream. Really I love all icecream :)

oh, that does sound good. I am happy that it's coming up on our Thanksgiving here and there are amazing pumpkin pies in the bakery. Sigh, I should finish making dinner and stop worrying about desserts.

• Options

LOL @ getting my post count up!!!

For a "general" flavor, my favorite ice cream is Mint Chocolate Chip.

But I also really like vanilla, strawberry and cinnamon ice cream (not easy to find). And I have a new found love of Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia. It's really good.

Of course now that I'm back at Weight Watchers, I'm steering clear of ice cream. I literally have no willpower.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • Options
    imagegimmietimmies:
    imagekatieh1017:

oh, that does sound good. I am happy that it's coming up on our Thanksgiving here and there are amazing pumpkin pies in the bakery. Sigh, I should finish making dinner and stop worrying about desserts.

Back when we lived in Vancouver we celebrated  Canadian Thanksgiving, then American then Christmas! I love this time of year!!!!

We still use Canadian Thanksgiving as an excuse to eat Thanksgiving food :)

• Options
    imagerobynlesley:

LOL @ getting my post count up!!!

For a "general" flavor, my favorite ice cream is Mint Chocolate Chip.

But I also really like vanilla, strawberry and cinnamon ice cream (not easy to find). And I have a new found love of Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia. It's really good.

Of course now that I'm back at Weight Watchers, I'm steering clear of ice cream. I literally have no willpower.

Yeah, I have ice cream issues.
  • Options
    Bailey's Irish Cream frozen custard, only sold on St. Patty's day, from Kopps' here in Milwaukee.  If it was avaIlable more often than once a year, I'd weigh a 1000lbs. 
  • Options
    imagestever:
    imagegimmietimmies:
    imagekatieh1017:

Back when we lived in Vancouver we celebrated  Canadian Thanksgiving, then American then Christmas! I love this time of year!!!!

We still use Canadian Thanksgiving as an excuse to eat Thanksgiving food :)

Fabulous! I did celebrate both up to a few years ago. One of the companies I worked for used to put on an American Thanksgiving feast (most of our clients were US), and then we'd watch the Dallas game. I miss the extra turkey!

robyn - I feel for you! You may have to count in a WW single serve. I saw those in Walmart, they looked safe. I say that now, but I haven't eaten ice cream in a month, I'm trying to be good. I'm saving myself for S' birthday.

• Options
    praline butter pecan...yum!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagewhttulips:
    praline butter pecan...yum!
    Yum indeed!
  • Options
    Haagen Dazs Sticky Toffee Pudding. It was a limited time flavor a few years ago and was easily the best ice cream I've ever had. I still dream about that flavor.....
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"