October 2011 Moms
Options

Kids are funny...

I intern at a school for kids who have severe emotional-behavioral problems that make it impossible for them to stay in normal schools or even more mainstream SPED schools. They go to group therapy with their class once a week and yesterday I was going to observe a particular class. This class happens to be composed on 8-10th grade boys who make lots of sexual jokes and references. The school therapist asked the kids how they felt about me observing their session and one boy responded "I don't know if I want the pregnant lady in class... What if the baby hears us talking about gross stuff... I don't want it to come out all messed up..." :) The therapist explained to them that I would be careful to not put my baby in a dangerous situation, but if they want to make sure the baby doesn't hear it, they probably shouldn't say it. And yesterday was their best group session ever! haha!

Also, when I was about to leave school yesterday a 10 year old came up to me and suggested I name the baby "Yu-gi" while showing me his Yu-gi-oh cards. He was really excited about it. :)

Re: Kids are funny...

• Options
    Kids are hilarious. I work with 3 year olds to 5th graders in a public school and the things they say are just so funny. I told a group of 3rd graders today that the baby could hear us talking and one of the boys goes, "You mean they have ears in there?!" LOL

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Big Smile

I teach middle school and was obviously pregnant in June and now I look even more pregnant.  I passed a boy in the hallway from year's class (he's very bright and sweet, but on the autism spectrum), and he looked at my belly and said, 'another one?!'

I just smiled and told him it's the same baby. :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"