August 2011 Moms
Options

BABY HAS BAD BREATH!!!

I am a first time mom and had NO IDEA that I was supposed to brush new borns gums and tounge! I started this morning with a baby toothbrush and water. Hopefully the smell clears up soon!

Just thought I'd spread the word because nobody told me!

Re: BABY HAS BAD BREATH!!!

• Options
    Yeah, I have never heard of brushing their gums. I have never heard of bad breath in a baby either, unless a baby is sick.
  • Options
    I never knew about brushing a babies gums and tongue... the dr didn?t say anything at her check up either
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

It is recommended to wipe their gums down every day, but not many people do at this stage.

As far as the bad breath, that can be a symptom of silent reflux. You might want to mention it to your pedi.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    You can use a baby washcloth and just get in there and gently rub the gums and tongue.  
    Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Whaat I had no idea. I guess I should start doing this! Although baby doesn't have bad breath yet...just smells like milk.
  • Options
    Mine has bad breath too...like warm stinky cheese.  I found an infant gum scrubber at Babies R us.  It fits on your finger and you just get lo to suck on it and you just wiggle your finger in his/her mouth and it seem to work pretty well. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker photo15Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Bad breath in infants is usually a sign of illness. It could be stomach related or sinus related. Go see your pedi!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"